how do disable fuel flow to a single cylinder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how do disable fuel flow to a single cylinder

rustyshackleford

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer
I have a cracked head gasket and I've been told i must pull my motor to get to the timing chain and replace head gasket ect. Going to try K&W gasket sealant. Instructs me to remove plug from the wet cylinder and disable fuel flow to that cylinder. How do I stop fuel flow to one cylinder? Thanks for your answers, you guys have helped me alot in the past!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you mean disconnecting the the wiring connector from the fuel injector and coil for that cylinder?

yeah thats what i was going to do but a buddy said that disconnecting the wiring wouldnt stop the flow of fuel. He says that only regulates lean/rich mix.

Pulling the plug to the injector generally doesn't allow it to open; otherwise your engine would flood when you powered the ignition. Do have a fire extinguisher handy for whatever you are attempting here.

Pulling the plug to the injector generally doesn't allow it to open; otherwise your engine would flood when you powered the ignition. Do have a fire extinguisher handy for whatever you are attempting here.

That was why I said to pull the coil connector too.

Back