How do you program new key fobs (door remotes)? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do you program new key fobs (door remotes)?

farmtruckman

Reaction score
City, State
ellensburg, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 xlt
Just bought two key fobs for my 95 XLT and was wondering if anyone knew how to program them? My neighbor tells me you turn on and off the ignition 6 or 7 times until the door locks cycle and then you hit the lock button on the remote. He also still believes in the Easter Bunny and tends to borrow everything I own, so I am posting the question to all.

Thanks ahead for your help.:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the quick response. The Ford link you list only goes back to 96 but I am going to assume that the procedure is the same.

Thanks again.

Unless I am missing something, the downloaded owners manual tells me to go to Ford to get new transmitters programmed. Apologize if I am looking in the wrong area but I submit my question again.

Thanks

Unless I am missing something, the downloaded owners manual tells me to go to Ford to get new transmitters programmed.
Sorry, the later owner's manual (98-on) details the procedure. I suspect that it is the same procedure but haven't tried it on a 95.

Back