How find paint code for trim? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How find paint code for trim?

I need match color for my exterrior trim (fender flares...)
On label I can find just code for body , there is no code for trim.
I went to Ford Dealer and they said "Ford dont make paint code for trim and you need buy new painted already part..." FUNNY . I not gonna spend few thousand $ just because I have some scratches.
Any Ideas?
Maybe someone have same X and already match this color , Trim looks like platinum ,grey or silver metallic - look on pic at my homepage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you find it let us know i havent been able to and neither has Jason_25 because we both want some. tbomb said he had to go to a shop and go through paints chips and find one that was close to the trim. good luck!:hammer:

So...... this is challenge Right ?:D

I just got e-mail from paintscratch.com :
"What we have done to identify these colors is to actually send you the page
of color chips for these parts as Ford never identified them properly.
There is a 25.00 deposit which is refundable when you return the page to us."

If I decide do that and I match good color I let you know guys.

any luck finding this color or code for paintscratch? I plan on derusting my factory nerfs and painting them myself this summer. i'm thinking about hurculining the bottom to prevent rust again.

funny thing is the guy at my ford dealership has THIS paint, as he repaired my bumper last year. How the hell do they order more of this paint id they don;t know the color code?

aww... no one has any info on this?

well, tarheel already quoted me correctly on this. youre not gonna be able to get this paint code; there isnt one. its not a body color, its an accent color. luckily i found a paint shop where the painter didnt mind spending 10 minutes with me to match color chips to my paint.

well, i mean the code for paintscratch.com... does anyone know the order number for that color with them?

Originally posted by unabonked
well, i mean the code for paintscratch.com... does anyone know the order number for that color with them?

i dont believe there is one; at least, there wasnt one available from paintscratch.com when i needed it, about a year or so ago.

Man, wat was the code of the paint chip? i need this color. HELP!!!

I just saw that yours is a 1998. 1998 are different than 1997.

Back