How Long For Delivery? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Long For Delivery?

So I finally took delivery on Saturday. The Explorer has been a dream. I'm still going through all the options and features of the vehicle. I ended up getting the front windows tinted to match the factory tint. Here are the pics as promised:

ash=AAFAUNEMjt5eLAeB1EQRrq-A4CrO0iHCpwMJb9Hd-wjwTQ.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Justin, that is a sweet ride! Congratulations on your new Explorer and thanks for posting nice big pics! I have one on order in the same color - very excited and looking forward to it.

Enjoy your new Sport! Keep us posted on your driving experience.:thumbsup:

Very nice, Jason. I have one in Ingot Silver on order too. Can't wait.

Did you order the rear bumper protection or is the bumper showing a shadow? I ordered bumper protection for mine but haven't been able to see it in person. I was worried that it would stick out alot but yours looks nice and subtle.

ED

Very nice, Jason. I have one in Ingot Silver on order too. Can't wait.

Did you order the rear bumper protection or is the bumper showing a shadow? I ordered bumper protection for mine but haven't been able to see it in person. I was worried that it would stick out alot but yours looks nice and subtle.

ED

Yes, that is the rear bumper protector. I got that and the mud flaps to help protect that beautiful silver paint!

beyond frustrated

I ordered a 2014 White Explorer Sport with many options on 1/30 and was given what seems to be the standard "6-8 weeks for delivery" line. The build date was 3/4 and at which point, I was given an ETA of 3/18 by Ford Customer Care. On 3/17, when I called to check on the status, they said the ETA field now read "TBD" - and as of today, 4/14, it still says TBD.
I basically can't get an answer from Ford Customer Care OR the dealership - the dealership is saying there is not enough rail cars in Ohio (truck was build in Chicago..??) and they are "hoping that it will ship by the end of the month". Unacceptable!

I'm extremely frustrated, I am 3 weeks away from delivering our 3rd child and CANNOT FIT 3 CARSEATS IN AN EDGE!

I am currently awaiting a call back from the regional customer service manager... whom I don't anticipate being able to tell me anything that I haven't already heard.

With all of that said, Crystal has been as helpful as she possibly can - and it is no reflection on the service that I've been provided by her. I truly appreciate her keeping an eye on this for me!

Pics need to be a little bit bigger. :)

ashli109 --

I'm in the same boat. My Explorer Sport was manufactured on 2/20 and God knows where it is now... Other than "in transit." Crystal has been very helpful but I think even the information she has is limited.

Overall I'm disappointed in Ford. I think my dealership is ridiculous for not managing my expectations better. You'd think someone would have a system that can track these vehicles between factory and destination? Someone has to be checking to see that nothing gets lost. If I turned over 38k vehicles to a shipping company you better believe I'd like some idea of where they were... especially after weeks and of delays and backlogs.

What really annoys me is the manufacturing date sof several explorers on my dealer's lot are AFTER mine. You'd think a custom order would be prioritized?

I would've gone to pick it up in Chicago, too! You can do that with every German brand and Volvo will even pay for your trip to Sweden! But no can do for Ford!

I am seriously considering walking away, but given the GM recall I don't think I could ever give them a penny. That leaves me with a lot of other crap that I don't like.

Ashli, where do you live? I'm a bit outside NYC.

Rob

tenari -

I totally agree with you. Something needs to be done regarding shipment tracking. It makes no sense that your vehicle was built 2/20 and you still don't have it. I have seen many vehicles in Ohio with dates later than yours. I too would like to know the method of determining and prioritizing Explorer production and shipment dates.

Does anyone know if Explorers headed to Ohio travel via rail or do they get shipped via truck?

ED

ashli109 --

I'm in the same boat. My Explorer Sport was manufactured on 2/20 and God knows where it is now... Other than "in transit." Crystal has been very helpful but I think even the information she has is limited.

Overall I'm disappointed in Ford. I think my dealership is ridiculous for not managing my expectations better. You'd think someone would have a system that can track these vehicles between factory and destination? Someone has to be checking to see that nothing gets lost. If I turned over 38k vehicles to a shipping company you better believe I'd like some idea of where they were... especially after weeks and of delays and backlogs.

What really annoys me is the manufacturing date sof several explorers on my dealer's lot are AFTER mine. You'd think a custom order would be prioritized?

I would've gone to pick it up in Chicago, too! You can do that with every German brand and Volvo will even pay for your trip to Sweden! But no can do for Ford!

I am seriously considering walking away, but given the GM recall I don't think I could ever give them a penny. That leaves me with a lot of other crap that I don't like.

Ashli, where do you live? I'm a bit outside NYC.

Rob

I couldn't agree more - I'm so frustrated with the lack of tracking that Ford has on it's vehicles. As someone who works in logistics, it is appalling!
We also took a ride through the dealership's lot over the weekend, and 2 out of the 3 Sports on the lot have a build date after mine as well.

I just spoke to Angela, the regional customer service manager, who was absolutely zero help! She was actually pretty rude; giving me the same schpeel about "not enough rail cars in Ohio". Well, WHY, if the car was built in Chicago, did it get shipped to Ohio for transportation while knowing there was a huge backlog?!? She said the direction she is given to tell her customers is to "walk away from the vehicle and choose something else that is in stock". Are we serious?!?!? I asked to be escalated to her boss, because that is the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Ever.

I'm about 30 minutes outside of NYC - we ordered from Route 23 Automall in Butler, NJ. My husband buys trucks from them all the time for his business, and they are great - I know it's not their issue - but Ford as a company!

I couldn't agree more - I'm so frustrated with the lack of tracking that Ford has on it's vehicles. As someone who works in logistics, it is appalling! We also took a ride through the dealership's lot over the weekend, and 2 out of the 3 Sports on the lot have a build date after mine as well. I just spoke to Angela, the regional customer service manager, who was absolutely zero help! She was actually pretty rude; giving me the same schpeel about "not enough rail cars in Ohio". Well, WHY, if the car was built in Chicago, did it get shipped to Ohio for transportation while knowing there was a huge backlog?!? She said the direction she is given to tell her customers is to "walk away from the vehicle and choose something else that is in stock". Are we serious?!?!? I asked to be escalated to her boss, because that is the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Ever. I'm about 30 minutes outside of NYC - we ordered from Route 23 Automall in Butler, NJ. My husband buys trucks from them all the time for his business, and they are great - I know it's not their issue - but Ford as a company!

Unless the backlog drains quickly, I think it's very likely the baby will come before the Explorer... Especially considering my build date was a month or so before yours and we are in roughly the same region.

Wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted.

Rob

I'm in the same boat as you. We had a 4th child and the 2013 F-150 Limited will no longer seat our family. My 14 Sport was completed on the week of 4/6 with ETA to dealership of 4/15. Unfortunately it still shows "Awaiting Transport" and I'd be surprised if it made it to Seattle this week although my fingers are crossed for an arrival on Saturday. One good thing to consider, if your spouse is like mine she probably won't be in the mood to get out much for the first few weeks.

Ready to Walk Away From Ford & my "Pending" Explorer XLT Delivery

I CAN NOT fully express my frustration with trying to lease a Ford Explorer. I will try to be as brief as possible. I am currently leasing a Ford Edge and wanted the 3rd row seating. Tried to get my configuration in December from Kennedy Ford but nobody in the regional Philadelphia Ford dealer network wanted to trade a vehicle at the end of the year. They only wanted my dealer to purchase it from them. Strike one against Ford. Finally decided to order a Gray XLT Explorer with Navigation, leather seats, 2nd row bucket seats, 202A, power lift gate and tow package. I don't use a sun roof and everything in Ford inventory has a sunroof...and I'm leasing. My salesman said he made calls and Ford will honor the incentives being offered at the end of the year if I order from the factory. Can't remember exact order date but it was somewhere in the last week of Dec. 2013. Build date was Jan 28 (I have the window sticker). Salesman said delivery should be 6-8 weeks at the most. My dealer has been no help in figuring out what is going on so I called Ford Customer Service and Anna Marie called me back and gave me the response that I have been hearing over and over since - There was a lot of snow in Chicago and there is a shortage of rail cars. Now originally my dealer did tell me that there was some sort of recall/return to factory for some issues on some of the Explorer models but the XLT was not one of them. He thought they were just holding up all of them to go through the entire lot. I think this was in Feb. First time I called the Ford customer service rep (800-392-3673) she said that after people call her the customers usually get their vehicles in 2 weeks and she would take care of me. Didn't happen. April 3 I get a call from Rachel in customer service saying Anna Marie moved to another group and she would take over. She thought I would have my vehicle by the following week but would call me on Tuesday to follow up. Never hear back from her and left 4 messages. When I called back again today I was told that Rachel was no longer my district customer service rep and they would have the new one call me. Rachel had originally told me that my vehicle was in Ohio - this was 18 days ago. Today, nobody can tell me where my vehicle is and it has no ETA attached to it. I transferred to Ford Marketing department (800-334-4375) and Samantha was lovely and very helpful but couldn't find a similar vehicle in current dealership inventory from NY, NJ, PA, OH, DE, MD, VA, IL, MI or IN. I travel and would have driven it home. To top it all off, my current lease is now extended a second month to 41 months and the battery died. Can anyone feel my pain? I really wanted the Explorer but I am so fed up that I am seriously thinking about walking away and looking at Honda and other vehicles with 3rd row. Nobody can tell me what is happening and when my vehicle will be delivered. CAS-4119141

I CAN NOT fully express my frustration with trying to lease a Ford Explorer. I will try to be as brief as possible. I am currently leasing a Ford Edge and wanted the 3rd row seating. Tried to get my configuration in December from Kennedy Ford but nobody in the regional Philadelphia Ford dealer network wanted to trade a vehicle at the end of the year. They only wanted my dealer to purchase it from them. Strike one against Ford. Finally decided to order a Gray XLT Explorer with Navigation, leather seats, 2nd row bucket seats, 202A, power lift gate and tow package. I don't use a sun roof and everything in Ford inventory has a sunroof...and I'm leasing. My salesman said he made calls and Ford will honor the incentives being offered at the end of the year if I order from the factory. Can't remember exact order date but it was somewhere in the last week of Dec. 2013. Build date was Jan 28 (I have the window sticker). Salesman said delivery should be 6-8 weeks at the most. My dealer has been no help in figuring out what is going on so I called Ford Customer Service and Anna Marie called me back and gave me the response that I have been hearing over and over since - There was a lot of snow in Chicago and there is a shortage of rail cars. Now originally my dealer did tell me that there was some sort of recall/return to factory for some issues on some of the Explorer models but the XLT was not one of them. He thought they were just holding up all of them to go through the entire lot. I think this was in Feb. First time I called the Ford customer service rep (800-392-3673) she said that after people call her the customers usually get their vehicles in 2 weeks and she would take care of me. Didn't happen. April 3 I get a call from Rachel in customer service saying Anna Marie moved to another group and she would take over. She thought I would have my vehicle by the following week but would call me on Tuesday to follow up. Never hear back from her and left 4 messages. When I called back again today I was told that Rachel was no longer my district customer service rep and they would have the new one call me. Rachel had originally told me that my vehicle was in Ohio - this was 18 days ago. Today, nobody can tell me where my vehicle is and it has no ETA attached to it. I transferred to Ford Marketing department (800-334-4375) and Samantha was lovely and very helpful but couldn't find a similar vehicle in current dealership inventory from NY, NJ, PA, OH, DE, MD, VA, IL, MI or IN. I travel and would have driven it home. To top it all off, my current lease is now extended a second month to 41 months and the battery died. Can anyone feel my pain? I really wanted the Explorer but I am so fed up that I am seriously thinking about walking away and looking at Honda and other vehicles with 3rd row. Nobody can tell me what is happening and when my vehicle will be delivered. CAS-4119141
Yes, I feel your pain exactly. My car has been sitting on a lot in Ohio for two months and no one has the ability to tell me when it will leaving. I am positively puzzled as to why custom orders aren't prioritized on railcars: THEY ARE ALREADY SOLD!! Aside from Crystal on thse forums, my interaction with Ford Corporate has been very disappointing. No one has been able to manage my expectations because no one has any clue where this truck is! I think it's outrageous that no one has any where my $50k vehicle is. Now, I've accepted that maybe every system they have is garbage, so I asked this of my dealer: when is the last time you got any special orders in period, and when was it ordered? Refused to answer. At least in your case the offered to source it locally. I asked them to do this this last week and am STILL waiting for a call back. I know for a fact there is one about 20 minutes away from me. I've already extended the lease on my JX35 once, and I refuse to do it again. So I walked away and got a Durango R/T. I took my wife to drive it and she really liked it, and there seem to be a lot more Durangos out there in varying degrees of configuration than Explorer Sports. I might've considered a Tahoe/Yukon but GM's negligent handling of their recalls will probably lead to criminal indictments.

New to forum

Hi gang,

As a reminder, I'm always happy to provide you with updates on your order. Just send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location (or VIN, if you have it); I'll do the rest! :)

Crystal

Hi Crystal,
I'm new to the Forum. I have my VIN. How do I PM you to get a status update?

Ordered 12/17/13, build delayed due a 4WD problem caught at the factory, built 3/8/14, first ship date of 3/21/14, delayed due to railcar shortage, second ship date of 4/15/14, delayed, last ship date of 4/23/14. Should be here in about two weeks, maybe less. This is my first new Ford in 30 years. There is a reason for things happening the way they do and life is too short to fret about it. When I order my Super Duty I'll know to expect an 18-20 week wait and plan accordingly. Then I can be all surprised when it comes in earlier.
Thanks to Crystal and Peter for the information, answers and patience.

Hi Crystal,
I'm new to the Forum. I have my VIN. How do I PM you to get a status update?

Welcome to the forum, Harleygirl13! I got your PM, so clearly you have figured it out already. ;) You have a response waiting for you in your inbox! :D

...Thanks to Crystal and Peter for the information, answers and patience.

You're very welcome, KnobCreek. You know how to reach me if you need any additional assistance. :thumbsup:

Crystal

New estimated ship date of May 23. I give up. Moving on now to something else. Ford doesn't even know where the vehicle I ordered is. I'm sure someone will enjoy it but I just can't wait any longer. May 6 will be twenty weeks since ordering. Enough is enough.

Wow that is a bit on the peculiar side of how long it should take. I ordered my Explorer March 17, 2014 and I picked it up April 30, 2014.

Apparently there are serious problems with your order, either the components or something between the dealer and Ford didn't compute properly.

Sorry to hear that this happened.

Back to waiting. Can't find anything I want to spend the next ten years in. Dealer has given me a loaner until my Explorer gets here. Shipper is stating they will be caught up with the backlog by May 23. Nothing specific about my vehicle. No one knows where it is. It's still showing as awaiting shipment. Ordered 12/17, built either 3/6 or 3/8 depending on where you look. 21 weeks now since ordering. Maybe I'll get an award for having the longest wait time for a stock Ford ever. Except those ordering a next model year vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All this and mine is a month early, sorry for your issues/troubles I would be very frustrated.

Back