How Long For Delivery? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Long For Delivery?

Got one Explorer still waiting on the other...

We went to our local dealer last month with the intent of my purchasing a new Explorer Limited. We ended up leaving with one for my wife (Limited) and mine on order (sport) as the dealer said it was already on its way. Here we are a month later and.....no sport. The dealer has been great, trying to do what they can but they are not getting answers either. The only update we have is it is now in Ohio, which based on the threads here does not look good. They (the dealer) is now being told my car should be here if were lucky by Memorial day.

Interesting about the lack of rail cars as apparently its a know issues in the media which is causing problems for not only Ford....

http://automotivedigest.com/2014/03/rail-car-shortage-impacts-logistics-for-motor-companies/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More News on the delays...

"The delays began several months ago and likely won’t be erased until the Fourth of July, according to one transportation analyst. As a result, some models are in short supply and dealers and customers are having trouble getting them as quickly as they’d like."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140516/AUTO01/305160031#ixzz31uEfrBFh

I finally took delivery of mine on 5/6 - about 16 weeks after ordering. I do have to say, though... It's pretty awesome!

I finally took delivery of mine on 5/6 - about 16 weeks after ordering. I do have to say, though... It's pretty awesome!

I'm looking forward to saying the same thing, though I'm currently at 21 1/2 weeks.

Went by the dealer today to get a new temp tag for the loaner Edge. He looked up my Explorer and said it now shows as "in transit". Finally! I sure hope it shows up soon.
I really appreciate the loaner Edge. It's a really ugly vehicle on the outside but really
nice on the inside. Really though, at this point I would appreciate being loaned a Fiesta. Dealer went above and beyond on my loaner.
Looks like my Explorer will show up about week 23. Has anyone else had such a long wait time from ordering to delivery?

Chrystal,

I have been told that 2015's can now be ordered. When would you anticipate production starting for the 2015 Ford Explorer Sports?

Chrystal,

I have been told that 2015's can now be ordered. When would you anticipate production starting for the 2015 Ford Explorer Sports?

Probably around next month, spoiry. For specific information about your ordered Explorer, send me a PM with your dealership name and order number. I'll check it out. :)

Crystal

22 weeks, 4 days from ordering to delivery.
The vehicle is fantastic. The most comfortable ride I've ever had. It's been a long road getting it but that's all forgotten. I look forward to my 500 - 600 miles a week now! I look forward to trolling the site now as an owner. As far as any problems, there are none other than the HD weather tech floor mats I ordered back in December are the wrong ones in the box. That's not Fords problem. I will order a wood trim kit to cover the aluminum looking trim and I'll get the door handles powder coated to Dark Side to match the vehicle.i was considering installing a twin turbo kit but it performs really well like it is. I'm probably too old to be driving too fast a vehicle anyway. I can use that money to buy more beer ingredients.
For anyone frustrated about having to wait a long time to take delivery, be patient, the Explorer is well worth the wait. Ford does need to improve their ability to track special order vehicles though.
Time to go for a ride now and test out the K & N intake kit. :D

Ordered my 2014 Limited 4/21, built 5/19, at dealer 5/21. As luck would have it I was out of town when it came in so couldn't pick up until 5/24. I'm loving it, but lots to learn. My 2008 Edge Limited wasn't quite so high tech.

Ordered my 2014 Limited 4/21, built 5/19, at dealer 5/21. As luck would have it I was out of town when it came in so couldn't pick up until 5/24. I'm loving it, but lots to learn. My 2008 Edge Limited wasn't quite so high tech.

Glad you got yours so quick. In 06 I got my special order truck in 4 weeks also. We all get our turn to wait I guess. Your gonna love the Explorer. Don't worry about learning everything. It's really easy. If you can use a smart phone or tablet computer you can use MFT. It even understands this old southern accent.
Enjoy! :D

I made a mistake! I ordered my Limited 3/21, built 5/19 (8 wks), at dealer 5/21.

I ordered a Utility Police Interceptor in February and was told 6-8 weeks for delivery, and instead of going with a Dodge Durango special service vehicle, I ordered the Explorer for my work vehicle. It is now 5 weeks beyond what I was told the delivery and contacted Ford customer service. A regional manager or supervisor was handling my case and, to me, seemed to have that, "oh well so sad too bad, u already ordered it so tuff" attitude. People at work are constantly buying cars for work and keep asking me about what's going on with my car and I'm embarrassed about getting the runaround. My coworkers response, "it's because it's a Ford". I asked what the issues were and why, if the vehicle was build on May 9, is it still "waiting shipment"? Her response was, "I don't know." And this was after she had a week look into the matter. To me, that was unacceptable and that is typical of the device I have been getting from Ford for years. If I had all of this to do again, I would not have ordered the Explorer and would have gone with the Durango. I like 2 Ford vehicles I already have, but the customer service I have gotten over the past 15 years have SUCKED!!! People at work are constantly buying cars for work and keep asking me about what's going on with my car and I'm embarrassed about getting the runaround. My coworkers response, "it's because it's a Ford". My next vehicle for work or personal use will definitely not be from Ford. If anyone out there is on the fence about ordering from Ford, think twice. Just sayin.

Back