• Register Today It's free!

How many have had APIM replaced?

TTExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Has Ford Recognized this as an issue and will they provide any support to fix it.
2020 Exp ST
APIM needing to be replaced, pulling 3 Amps from battery at all times, when car is off, forcing deep sleep
Problems from day 1 of owning this car
I phone
At dealership, wanting $1900 to replace.
First Replacement

NOTE: This post was moved here from the 5th gen forum with the same thread title.
Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has Ford Recognized this as an issue and will they provide any support to fix it.
2020 Exp ST
APIM needing to be replaced, pulling 3 Amps from battery at all times, when car is off, forcing deep sleep
Problems from day 1 of owning this car
I phone
At dealership, wanting $1900 to replace.
First Replacement

NOTE: This post was moved here from the 5th gen forum with the same thread title.
I bought my 2020 Explorer In August 2019, and I’m still on the original battery

Did they reflash the APIM before they replaced it? There's a TSB on deep sleep. I used to get these quite frequently but not since the module updates. That was maybe 3 years ago.

My 2021 radio was a mess- 2 Satellite bands instead of 3, constantly resetting to AM or FM every time I started the truck, and phone had to be re-set daily. They replaced the APIM 6 months ago. It crapped out again. Bringing it in next week. It's one of the reasons I bought an extended warranty ( From Flood Ford- cheapest around)

My 2021 radio was a mess- 2 Satellite bands instead of 3, constantly resetting to AM or FM every time I started the truck, and phone had to be re-set daily. They replaced the APIM 6 months ago. It crapped out again. Bringing it in next week. It's one of the reasons I bought an extended warranty ( From Flood Ford- cheapest around)
Do you know what SYNC version your Explorer is on? 23188 is the newest one that has solved a lot of those issues.

Do you know what SYNC version your Explorer is on? 23188 is the newest one that has solved a lot of those issues.
Thanks Dale- I think i went through that last time but I'll let Ford figure it out.

Back