How Many Kilometers Can A 2021 Ford Explorer ST Go On A Full Tank Of Gas? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Many Kilometers Can A 2021 Ford Explorer ST Go On A Full Tank Of Gas?

The Jas17

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hey guys,

Just had a question about How Many Kilometers Can A 2021 Ford Explorer ST Go On A Full Tank Of Gas?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
That is a question with no definite answer. There are many factors that can affect your mileage. Highway vs city driving, your speed, temperature, type of fuel, weather, your driving style, terrain, load etc.

Peter

Upvote 0

Kilometers? Never heard of them... :)

As Peter stated - it will vary a lot.

In my own experiences - and solely going by the dash gauge which before anyone says anything - I know - it's not accurate, I will vary anywhere from 375 mi [~600 km] to, once only, 465 [~750 km]. I now have about 15,000 miles on it but the average has been more around the 400 - 420 mile mark. My driving is very mixed between highway, local, hills and mostly in NE USA. The 465 was a road trip in the Econ mode and even though I share everyone's lead foot, I was behaving that trip and it was all interstate with no traffic at all [Washington DC area to Boston area starting at 11:00 PM on a weekday - I95 to NJ Tpk, to GWB to I95 again (wasn't going to do the Merrit/Hutch that late at night) to I91 to I84 to Mass Pike to I495 and then some]. Coffee does work on me I learned that day.

I always fill up to a little past the click and 95% of the time get gas at the same station. I use 87.

So YMMV and others will post their observations as well but we should all be within 10% of each other I would think...

HTH.

Jay

Upvote 0

We are in the 400-425 mi mark as well. I'll let you do the conversion lol.

Upvote 0

While I don't have the ST, the Aviator has the same engine. Also, I usually fill up with about 1/4 tank of gas left. My mileage on the last 2 fillups was 10.29 and 12.53 L/100km with about a 50/50 hwy/city split. The tank holds 76.46 L (20.2 US) which is the same as the ST.
After the last fill-up it showed 378 miles to empty.

Peter

Upvote 0

Back