• Register Today It's free!

How many O2 sensors ?

JeffNJ94Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Middlesex, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer 5MT
Hey guys, my truck failed inspection, so I'm gunna change the plugs, wires, air filter and O2 sensors and see if it will pass. I'm trying to order the parts in hopes to have them for the weekend, so I want to get them ordered tonite. How many O2 sensors does my 94 Explorer have? It was originally sold in NJ, and it doesnt have the CA emissions. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nope 91-92/93 has only one (i forgot which one) in 94 ford changed to 2 o2 sensors the first in the driver side manifold sencond is in the y-pipe

Ah Crap! I shouda bought a 91-93, it would have been cheaper!:D So just get 2 of the same O2 sensor then huh? I did crawl under it and confirm there are 2 sensors. Anything else you think i should change to drop the emissions? (besides the cat?)

have you changed the spark plugs and wires

FWIW,

Disconnect the batery for 1/2 hour......re-connect........to reset the codes.

Fill up w/Premium Gas. Run fuel injector cleaner too. Drive it.

Keep using Premium, until you take the test.......get the computer to learn for a while, before you head to the test station.

Aloha, Mark

Also make sure you change your oil and make sure it is fully warmed up with minimal idling before the test, I.E. do a few miles of highway speed driving just before test at say 2500 RPM or above

I did all this and mine keeps doing this i just went about 30 miles no problem until i killed it went in store started back doing the same thing codes are 157 odb 1 codes

Back