How Much can I sell my Explorer for? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Much can I sell my Explorer for?

Pendarus

Reaction score
City, State
Fullerton Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 4X4 XLT 4 Door
I have a 94 XLT. I don't want to sell it, but with gas prices the way they are and the fact that my loan is at 17%, it is eating me out of house and home. I want to get a small commuter car for my daily drive (50 miles round trip). Here are the specs:

XLT 4X4 automatic 83,000 miles with leather, sunroof, CD player, Limited Slip 3:73 gears,new (not rebuilt) transmission from Ford, almost new tires, body and paint in new condition and power everthing. This truck is under warranty (best freebie I ever got in a car deal) and is only dealer serviced.

I dont want to trade it in on account I will not get anywhere near what it is worth. Kelly blue book is $11,000 retail, $7000 trade in.

I hope to buy another X in about a year as a second vehicle. I hope to find a high milage one cheap to modify and go only offroading in.

Well, you already did what my first suggestion was going to be: KBB. Since you're in CA, I'd check the Recycler, Auto Trader and the LA Times and see what others are going for. That would give you a pretty good idea.

peace

Mike

Back