• Register Today It's free!

How much is my explorer worth?

Xplorer95

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
How much should I sell my Explorer for? Is a 1995 4x4 XLT Explorer. Its blue, 4 door, has the towing package and a 6 disc changer. Mileage is just under 100,000. Car is washed like once a week and serviced regularly, its in real good shape. Interior is gray cloth. I put some 30" all terrain tires on it, automatic tranny, 4.0 v6. How much could I sell this for right now? What about in a year or so...what will it be worth? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer like your around my area go for between 5000 and 6000:D

yea 5 or 6 k isa bout all you could get out of is it selling private party. dont expect to get anymore tha 3.5k from a dealer on a trade in. http://www.kbb.com/ for more info

For $5k, isn't it worth keeping? What do you plan to replace it with anyway? You can't beat the Explorer you know. ;)

i agree with x-factor, i would love to sell mine and get a chevelle and make a hot rod but i could never get enuff money for mine, i mean i might be able to get 3000 tops, and thats if the person was a teen or and offraoder and actually knew what te stuff was that i have on my truck

PEACE

but a truck like yours some one would buy

I just purchased a 95 Limited two months ago. I paid $5700. It has EVERY option Ford had in 95 except the baby seat. It even has the built in cell phone. It is in show room condition. It was garaged from day one. Has all paperword for all repairs. Even the sales paperwork showing the new price was over $37K.

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
For $5k, isn't it worth keeping? What do you plan to replace it with anyway? You can't beat the Explorer you know. ;)

The explorer is just sorta getting "old". Everything works fine I guess, but with all the new cars coming out, its starting to look almost outdated. I was wanting something a little more agressive with a v8. If you have a way to fix all that in the explorer, please tell me. Its not that there's really anything wrong with it, I'm just sorta tired of it...and now I'm disappointed of its value, I'm stuck around what to do.

Mabye there's a cool front end kit out there that will make my explorer look different...sorta like a new car; and an easy 5.0 swap? What about other mods. Of course, all of this has to be cheap, b/c when I sell it, one day, I do want to be able to get most of my money back, at least for the stuff that I do to it?

There is no easy 5.0 swap:( But a KKM intake and some catback exhaust would help.

you might be able to sell yours and grab an older explorer v8 for like 7000. I think explorers are great deals for the amount they are priced at. i mean 6000 for a 96 truck that looks pretty badass, just about all options i mean most have leather, sunroof and changers...explorer is a damn value....and most have 4wd...I wish I was in the market for one now...too bad I had to buy mine like 3 years ago when it was like 12,000

you could get a fiberglass front-end conversion kit from http://www.perrysfabnfiber.com/ to look like the 2nd gen models if you wanted to. I have no idea what they go for but there are a few on this site including Rick who is the one we have to thank for this explorer mecca. :D

Originally posted by Nick26
you could get a fiberglass front-end conversion kit from http://www.perrysfabnfiber.com/ to look like the 2nd gen models if you wanted to. I have no idea what they go for but there are a few on this site including Rick who is the one we have to thank for this explorer mecca. :D

He's Got a 95, so he already has the 2nd gen front clip

Back