• Register Today It's free!

How much is it worth?

Lovemyser

Reaction score
City, State
Marshall, Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mountaineer
I've read a lot of this forum for the past couple of years and the info is great! I've never even had to post! lol.
I was hoping you guys could give me a price on how much my mountaineer is worth, I've did the KBB and NADA thing, but as always there's how much a vehicle is worth and how much you can get. So, I have a;

2000 Mercury Mountaineer Olive green
2WD, 4DR
149k, 4.0 SOHC
Leather, Dual Power seats
Auto-Lamp lights, remote entry
Tape, CD, and 6-CD changer + Rear Radio Controls
PWR Windows, PWR DL, PWR Mirrors, etc (pretty much everything)
It has that little screen readout by the console that gives you all your ECON readings and oil change life, etc.

It has a lot of miles but it has been taken care of. There is no rips on the leather, no holes, carpet is in great shape. Some small scratches on the paint but nothing noticable. Mechanics are great, runs, drives, rolls, good. All in all it's a good SUV, and would make a good car to someone. Thanks for the help guys!

Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its worth whatever you can get someone else to pay for it. :p

Seriously, you should look at what other people are asking for similar trucks in your area. Combine that with the KBB and Edmunds and you will get an idea what a realistic price is. It depends a lot on your area.

:eek: I'm no expert but here's my opinion,
It depends on how popular the vehicles that are like it go for in the area you live in. Also considering if a private party is looking at it.
The price won't be as high if someone is just looking for "that type of vehicle" and not fully utilize the utility purpose of it fully or appreciate it vs. a s-10 blazer that has no lux. features in comparasion.People like that are tunnel visioned, Example:Is it 4 wheel drive and does it run ,oh, and by the way that's alot of miles will ya come down in price?, attitude.
You could prob. get $5000-6000.00 out of it if you show roomed conditioned it but chances are you won't unless you have a buyer that IS looking for ALL the features and mint.
Dealers will jerk ya around.They either give more on trade and jack the purchace vehicle up in some way or give you nothing for it and say look how cheap are vehicles are but are actually still high to make up for lost money, one in the same....They don't care. Actually that mercury will probably go to auction anyway because of mileage or lack of popularity.It will cost them more to put someone in it than what its worth to them$$$.Banks don't like to finance something thats already been financed 5 years (average)already.Then turn around and someone that doesn't make a whole lot of $ on the year and it NOW fits in there budget because its not $30,000. Another 3-5 year term is not gonna be in the banks best interest considering the dealership is trying to make money on it.If its only worth 6000-7000 no banks gonna finance it for 7500-8000.Unless rates are high and they can sucker them in or a buy here pay here has it on their terms...
Funny Thing is I traded in a GOOD Loaded honda passport 1995 4x4 178,000 miles on a brand new 99 mercury Moutianeer LOADED in 2000 and still payed 28Gs and the honda went on a semi the next day to a auction sale. I saw it on the trailer and asked my sales guy whats happening to it!! I could of sold it out right prob for more than they will get at auction!:eek:

Check cars.com for pricing and it's a good place to advertise it.

Thanks for the help guys! This is exactly what I needed to know, now if I can get it sold, I'll be in great shape!

Back