How much to pay for a 3" Body lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much to pay for a 3" Body lift?

pete1122

Reaction score
City, State
Payson, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport 4X4
I am getting quotes for around $500.00 for the parts and labor to do a 3" Body lift. Does that sound right? How hard is it to do my myself? I know you have to modify a PA Body lift built for the Ranger, am I better off just paying the $500.00 or should I try risking the install myself?

Thanks,

Pete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's actually not a bad price IMO. Especially if they will make your bumper brackets so your bumper looks aligned properly.

I bought mine for 80 from summit racing and just installed it today. It took about an afternoon of beer drinking and installing to get it done right. Only problems I ran into was bumper lifters kinda sucked ... they are a little off, nothing too major, and I need to get an extension for my 4x4 shifting lever.

hey hows it going look up macromotive.com i can get a 3'' body lift for $90.00 with front and rear bumper brackets

I payed about $80 for my lift and about $350 for labor. (not including my bumpers). After I researched how to install it, I probably could have done it myself, but back then I didn't know anything.:(

Back