How to buy Police Interceptor Utility | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to buy Police Interceptor Utility

I would just like the Black Wheels they have to put on my 13 X. Anyone know where i can locate 4? Thanks Steve.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would just like the Black Wheels they have to put on my 13 X. Anyone know where i can locate 4? Thanks Steve.
Are you referring to these? If so, they are available at your dealer. Unfortunately they are about 3 times the $88 we pay for them here.

Peter

Attachments

• PA290305_001.JPG
    PA290305_001.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 777

Are you referring to these? If so, they are available at your dealer. Unfortunately they are about 3 times the $88 we pay for them here.

Peter

What tires are those? I'm about to need tires, and looking some all season tires in a slightly bigger size than the factory Eagle RSA POS tires. Got a road trip to make and pretty sure snow will be involved.

Peter

Yep, those are the ones i want. I hate the Polishes Chrome ones i have. Looking for those black ones. I like yours, nice. Thanks for sharing.

What tires are those? I'm about to need tires, and looking some all season tires in a slightly bigger size than the factory Eagle RSA POS tires. Got a road trip to make and pretty sure snow will be involved.
Blizzak DM-V1, dedicated Winter tires. I don't use all seasons in Winter.

Peter

I parked next to a 2016 Explorer Sport and it sits higher than my Explorer. o_O

you can pick one up in Sacramento at the CHP Fleet auction. its a silent Auction and they close the auction on Wed at 2pm and if you win they will call you up by 4pm. if you need more info hit me up or just reply here. i Just picked up a PIU 2015 for $3,000

State Surplus Auto Sales Used Cars Autos in Newark, NJ 07104 - looks like they buy all/most of their stuff from copart/similar and rebuild them - I would assume most/all are salvage titles and I have no idea of the quality or thoroughness of their work, but their prices seem decent. They currently have a <7K mile 2016 with the 3.5L EB for $19,900 and a ~9K mile 2017 with the 3.5L EB for $20,500.

Must be a pretty lucrative business - looks like the 2017 EB went for $6,300 at auction. https://carsbidshistory.com/make/11...17_FORD_EXPLORER_P_33343488_1FM5K8ATXHGC26147

you can pick one up in Sacramento at the CHP Fleet auction. its a silent Auction and they close the auction on Wed at 2pm and if you win they will call you up by 4pm. if you need more info hit me up or just reply here. i Just picked up a PIU 2015 for $3,000
What is the link to their auction? I can only find the State of California site, not CHP specific.

Call the main line or Ann and tell them to add your email to the auction list or you can also email them at the email in the photo. I know mondays a holiday and they didnt put none out for sale this week. But just be patient they have a lots of salvage explorers and you will see a good one come out every so offthen. They also have crown vics and BMW, HD bikes. Just keep looking

A few years late on this post but one kid from our Taurus group was able to get a PI Sedan (Taurus) Same deal damaged in transit, department refused delivery. Vehicle had not been outfitted by department except for center console. Minus radios, scanners, laptops etc. Plain white body, no department markings and only a couple of hundred fleet testing miles. I have seen it at least three-four more Ford Nationals visits. Looks good and apparently got a decent deal and not illegal since it had no department markings or LEO specific equipment.

Looks good and apparently got a decent deal and not illegal since it had no department markings or LEO specific equipment.
There are some laws regarding certain equipment or certain markings/color schemes in certain areas, but in general, you can have police markings and lights/sirens/etc.. in most areas. The threshold for when it typically becomes a problem is when you cross the line and actually impersonate an officer. Basically, it's like any other line - some people like to go right up to it, some people like to keep their distance, and some like to cross it...

I see ford test vehicles in michigan from time to time with lights and markings. There was just a 17 piu at manheim this week with full lights/sirens/havis center console with gear and rear prisoner cage.

A few years late on this post but one kid from our Taurus group was able to get a PI Sedan (Taurus) Same deal damaged in transit, department refused delivery. Vehicle had not been outfitted by department except for center console. Minus radios, scanners, laptops etc. Plain white body, no department markings and only a couple of hundred fleet testing miles. I have seen it at least three-four more Ford Nationals visits. Looks good and apparently got a decent deal and not illegal since it had no department markings or LEO specific equipment.
Yes, I have seen PIU's like that, usually at Michigan dealers or in Utah for some reason.

Back