How to disable anti theft in 97 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to disable anti theft in 97

penn28

Reaction score
Greetings,
I have removed the two power door lock relays on my 97 because the locks were cycling on/off. The locks now work manually which is good. But the anti theft alarm goes off when I open a door without first using a key.

Can anyone tell me if and how the anti theft system can be disabled?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey Penn28... I sent you a pm in response to your PM. I looked at some of the service notes in my 96 manual and it would appear that your "lock problem" needs to be addressed to stop your alarm problem as unlocking operations need to happen to cause the alarm from not alerting ... at least according to 96 operation. But hopefully, someone will post otherwise.

Greetings,
I have removed the two power door lock relays on my 97 because the locks were cycling on/off. The locks now work manually which is good. But the anti theft alarm goes off when I open a door without first using a key.

Thanks

Well there is a alarm/keyless unit in the driver side rear of the truck by the rear washer bottle that you can disconnect.

Do you have any issues with door ajar switches/lights?

The only other issue when the door lock relays are reinstalled (other than the locks cycling) is that the #27 mini fuse (10 amp - interior lights) blows.

Greetings,

Thanks
i dont know ?its normal for all 4 locks to unlock lock when you open your driver side doors.i have 1997 v8 mountaineerr had over 3 years never had problems expect replace battries.maybe u can help me too.on the driver side the fuse panel there a 7.5 amp fuse for the GEM SYSTEM.is yours missing?or do u have any fuse missing in the fuse panel?any 7.5 amp?? thank you

Hey Penn28... another small question when you pull your relays from aux box 4, are you pulling all of them or just one????

Back