How to disable auto headlights. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to disable auto headlights.

Koldham

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 eddie bauer 5.0 AWD
how do i disable the auto lights? iv searched and all i can find is how to disable the DRLs. the owners manual also says nothing. 98 eddie bauer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unplug the auto lamps mirror. Problem solved, lol.

the switch on my mirror does nothing. its over to the left and the lights still come on automatically. you say i need to unplug it?

Mine's like that too. If I push the switch to the left it will usually turn the lights off but not if the keys are in the ignition.

unplug the module. its on the drivers side of the core support behind the headlight. however after you unplug it, they wont come back on unless you plug it back in

will the switch on the dash make them come on after unpluging the module?

will the switch on the dash make them come on after unpluging the module?

If you mean your headlight switch, yes. Everything will function normally just your DRL's won't come on it the module is unplugged.

the switch on my mirror does nothing. its over to the left and the lights still come on automatically. you say i need to unplug it?

You need to unplug the mirror. There's wires going into it at the back. Just disconnect that harness.

If you mean your headlight switch, yes. Everything will function normally just your DRL's won't come on it the module is unplugged.

He's talking about auto lamps not DRLs.
Don't do this, you won't even have the module on a non-Canadian spec Explorer.

He's talking about auto lamps not DRLs.
Don't do this, you won't even have the module on a non-Canadian spec Explorer.

Whoops! Yea, ignore everything I just posted

Back