How to set timing on a 2.0 eco boost? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to set timing on a 2.0 eco boost?

Spray4u

Reaction score
City, State
Naples
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer limited
I have a 2013 Explorer 2.0 Eco Boost. The harmonic balancer needed replacement. I removed it without setting the alignment at center. I had a dumb moment. HOW DO I SET THE TIMING? I only removed the harmonic balancer but didn’t rotate the balancer to the correct position before removing the harmonic balancer. Need help please...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I have a 2013 Explorer 2.0 Eco Boost. The harmonic balancer needed replacement. I removed it without setting the alignment at center. I had a dumb moment. HOW DO I SET THE TIMING? I only removed the harmonic balancer but didn’t rotate the balancer to the correct position before removing the harmonic balancer. Need help please...

Hello Spray4u. Did you ever resolve this? I did the say thing....

This is a hard one. Technically you'd want to pull the timing cover to visually align everything. If you don't think anything has moved reinstall the balancer then use the tools to get it to tdc and locked down. Then remove the balancer again and install the new one. The timing teeth on the balancer need to be installed right on or it will not run.

This is a hard one. Technically you'd want to pull the timing cover to visually align everything. If you don't think anything has moved reinstall the balancer then use the tools to get it to tdc and locked down. Then remove the balancer again and install the new one. The timing teeth on the balancer need to be installed right on or it will not run.
Can you tell me what tooth to set on the sensor once I’m sure we are at top dead center?

Back