How to set the time on sohc 4.0L v6 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How to set the time on sohc 4.0L v6

PirataBoricua

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I have a 1999 ford explorer sohc 4.0L v6 and Im replacing the front timing chain and the left cassette chain kit. I need to know how i can set the timing? I wanna buy a haynes repair guide but not sure if it has the info. I need. I will appreciate any help Thank you guys

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Xplorer82

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Mountaineer 4.6L
<

schusdad

Reaction score
Fun job...I just got done doing mine, except I did all the chains and tensioners....there are posts that are perfect for the job. The only thing I can add is that you will need to drop the oil pan and pickup...you are going to find debris there..And do yourself a favor get the otc toolkit...it makes doing the job easy and right

<

<

Xplorer82

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Mountaineer 4.6L
your welcome.
:salute:

<

PirataBoricua

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Ok the chains are isntalled and the timing is good the motor rotates freely. So is just put everything back. I will add some pics later.

<

<