• Register Today It's free!

Hydraulic clutch line

92xlt

Reaction score
City, State
La Vista, Ne.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Had a new clutch put in my 92 with a 5 speed. They put in a full kit but the line will not lock into the new slave cylinder. They did use the proper tool to remove the line and the fittings look OK (they called me to look at it). The female fitting in the slave cylinder seems to be to large for a tight fit, were there more than one size fittings that I am unaware of?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make sure the male end is clean of debree. Any sediment can cause it too not lock. Doe it have a white of metal clip?

Been thinkin bout it since I posted, too. there is NO white piece on the line. If I remember right it should kind of look like a white plastic sleeve over the black part of the connector when installed. @#$&**^#% If I am correct what they probably did is pry the line out with out using the connector tool (which I sent up with the truck!) Let me know if I'm remembering this right, if so I will be getting a new line or line and master that I won't be paying for. BTW I did check the other thread also. Thanks Guys!

Yeah....there are differences in the depth of the clutch line into the slave cylinder.

The connection should just click into the slave easily. I am thinkink the guy ruined the plastic sleeve around the line connector. I am not sure if you could get the line from auto part, but Ford stealership only.

Fordpartsnetwork.com sells the line also for somwhere around 65 dollars.

Back