I drive a 1998 explorer sport manually my wife has a 2000 ranger 4x4 off road manual we need tires | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I drive a 1998 explorer sport manually my wife has a 2000 ranger 4x4 off road manual we need tires

Welp just picked up these 275/75/16 hope they fit

B51B132E-7C63-4415-85C8-3E0D19B04415.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beef!
32’s. You’ll know right away first drive how well they fit!
Whats your axle gear ratio?

Beef!
32’s. You’ll know right away first drive how well they fit!
Whats your axle gear ratio?
The axle tag was hard to read but from what I could read it has a 3.73 it got a manual swap at some point in its life it’s a manual and it still has prnd on the dash and the door code comes back as an auto . These tires are heavy as **** lol hope o can spin them

They are Ironmans or something I got a good deal on and could sell them for 2x what I have in to them but this is going to be a winter and mud truck

Those will rub!! Cool!!

So we should sell them? They are heavy as hell
You got them for snow, keep ‘em. The other ones won’t be as good.
I say mount them and seen how much rub you get, and exactly where they rub. You can do minor trimming, most likely at the rear corner of the front wheel wells. Maybe some rubbing on the front sway bars, because it looks like you’re putting them on stock rims.
you can also do a cheap and easy lift of an inch or so, and that might help.

Exactly! Trim trimminy trim trimminy trim trim trim hoo hoo

I use a sawzall, hammer and multi tool to hack away plastic Tupperware and cut and fold metal out of the way to clear big tires.

Other options include
Wheel spacers
Small lift
Aftermarket wheels

But you should be able to trim enough to clear some
265s

All tire and wheel combos are different, you just gotta mount them and then start clearancing

They fit it rubs a little in reverse at full lock to the right but they really improved the ride of the truck and o should be able to handle the winter

6AFD52F0-89DA-43B6-AEE6-04D9B3A68B96.jpeg

I kinda thought they would be bigger on the truck it did raise the truck an inch or so

Back