I Got Lucky The Second Time...The Ford Store San Leandro, CA | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Got Lucky The Second Time...The Ford Store San Leandro, CA

Alignment check for free?
You sure they actually put your vehicle up for an alignment?
Yes, they do an alignment check every time I bring it in for oil change. I watched them do it and they provide a printout of the results as well. I guess it is part of the multi point inspection they do. The bay they use is right off the waiting area. Washer fluid was topped up as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, they do an alignment check every time I bring it in for oil change. I watched them do it and they provide a printout of the results as well. I guess it is part of the multi point inspection they do. The bay they use is right off the waiting area. Washer fluid was topped up as well.
Do you mind sending me a private PM of the dealership?
I'm a man on a mission and would love to give this dealership a go.

Take this with a grain of salt - but I've never experienced a dealership that wasn't willing to make you pay at least $1k every time you came in for service after the bumper-bumper warranty was up for any Ford or Chevy dealership.

I have a very good friend who worked as the Service Manager at the Chevy Dealership near where I grew up and everyone I've ever talked to about it was more than happy with the service that the dealership provided when he was in charge. If you didn't need the service/maintenance, he would tell you to wait until next oil change... If the maintenance wouldn't pay to do, he wouldn't recommend it. He didn't recommend any extra "multi-point inspections" unless the customer knew something was wrong. He had nearly perfect reviews across the board from customer satisfaction surveys, but was let go because he wasn't bringing in enough money for the dealership.

The next guy makes sure every day is a $1,000+ repair day, which is why I don't know anyone that gets work done at the dealership any longer... it definitely has helped out business for the local non-dealer mechanics though!

I can't believe I'm saying this as a 30-year-old guy, but Seriously - s©rew Dealerships. They are on the same level of BuII as Comcast. I can't wait for Tesla to fix the industry and do away with them... (One can hope - right?)

Take this with a grain of salt - but I've never experienced a dealership that wasn't willing to make you pay at least $1k every time you came in for service after the bumper-bumper warranty was up for any Ford or Chevy dealership.

I have a very good friend who worked as the Service Manager at the Chevy Dealership near where I grew up and everyone I've ever talked to about it was more than happy with the service that the dealership provided when he was in charge. If you didn't need the service/maintenance, he would tell you to wait until next oil change... If the maintenance wouldn't pay to do, he wouldn't recommend it. He didn't recommend any extra "multi-point inspections" unless the customer knew something was wrong. He had nearly perfect reviews across the board from customer satisfaction surveys, but was let go because he wasn't bringing in enough money for the dealership.

The next guy makes sure every day is a $1,000+ repair day, which is why I don't know anyone that gets work done at the dealership any longer... it definitely has helped out business for the local non-dealer mechanics though!

I can't believe I'm saying this as a 30-year-old guy, but Seriously - s©rew Dealerships. They are on the same level of BuII as Comcast. I can't wait for Tesla to fix the industry and do away with them... (One can hope - right?)

I agree with you 100% and it even goes further. BUY FOUR SELECT TIRES, GET A $140 REBATE BY MAIL WHEN YOU USE THE FORD SERVICE CREDIT CARD.* I have not checked the hourly charge for Ford service but I think its around $85-$125 an hour. $140 discount from service sounds like an awesome deal but depending on that credit card people might be paying besides for that high service fee, maybe even for a credit card fee of some sort. It's all business and not to mention many of the dealerships, like mine, when asked if you guys could turn off the horn sound when I exit the vehicle. Manager said its an option for cars older then 16XP but not 16XP, "I don't know, I will check it out". After receiving my car back after an oil change they either ignored me or are just clueless. In either case, I am happy that I have a good Russian owner with auto mechanical shop that I have known for many years and each of their workers has experience with different manufactures like Ford, German, Toyota's is the way to go when your warranty expires.

Not sure what my dealer's hourly rate is but to remove the 4 Winter wheels/tires and install the 4 OEM wheels/tires, check the pressures and reset the TPMS I was charged $26.95 which I think is a good price for not wanting to do it myself.
I don't understand the part where you were told that the double horn beep was an option on the 2016 and below. If it was an option then there should be a setting to Enable/Disable it, but there isn't. You have to use IDS or Forscan to do it and in my book that is not considered an option.

Peter

Not sure what my dealer's hourly rate is but to remove the 4 Winter wheels/tires and install the 4 OEM wheels/tires, check the pressures and reset the TPMS I was charged $26.95 which I think is a good price for not wanting to do it myself.
I don't understand the part where you were told that the double horn beep was an option on the 2016 and below. If it was an option then there should be a setting to Enable/Disable it, but there isn't. You have to use IDS or Forscan to do it and in my book that is not considered an option.

Peter

That means that the service manager had no clue what a double horn issue even is as he replied that he can can only do it on the older year models. I think that he was clueless on that feature. Maybe like you say, if its not an option, some dealerships might not even know that it exists.

Back