i have a idea to convert the bw1354 to a manual transfer case need input | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i have a idea to convert the bw1354 to a manual transfer case need input

burningbilly

Reaction score
City, State
new brunswick canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 eddie bauer
ok guy and and gals here is my idea please help because if it does work we would all be alot better off. lol k so the 1354 and the 1350 have different characteristics right. but they do bolt up to the explorer tanny they just dpont work properly . after reading alot on here i have come up with that. but i am wondering if the only difference between the 1350 and the 1354 is that 1 is electric and the other a manual shifter. if the shifter is in the same spot and same same design why could u not just swap the electronic shift motor out and put in the manual shifter on the 1354. does it not make since 1350 manual 1354 electric? they would both have been made with the same design? please give input as i want to try this but if anyone else has and it didnt work then i wont bother

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The manuals and the electrics do not have the shifter at the same 'spot'. The manual shifter is at the front where as the electric shifter is at the back. And the 1354 is not always an electric, it has a manual version.

yeah i knew about the manual 1354

yeah i knew about the 1354 but i was thinking like i said in the reply if the shifter wasa in the same spot it wwould have been possible but thank you for letting me know where the shifter is on the 1350 like u said the shifter is in the front on the 1350 so yeah it would not work. too bad as i cant find the manual 1354

I would consider a manual 1350 if you can't find a 1354, you will need a front driveshaft from a ranger/b2 with a FM145 tranny (86-87) and the shifter from an A4LD or FM146 rig (88-89/90). The difference between the 1350 and 1354 is the 1350 has a slip yoke for the front shaft and the 1354 has a fixed yoke.

maybe earlier on in life

yeah i might have consider something like that earlier on in life but i just put a m50d in about a month ago and i am not getting rid of it lol. good suggestion though if i blow this tranny.

You don't have to get rid of your transmission. Read my post again.

Back