I hit a deer with my Navajo... WITH PICS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I hit a deer with my Navajo... WITH PICS

sorry to hear about what happened man. im heading out to reno tommorow to check some of their junk yards. there is one here by fallon nv with 5 1st gen explorers / rangers ive been picking parts off of. because of this post i will pull more parts for navajos just in case something happens to mine. it sounds like its real hard to find cheap parts. if anyone needs anything not-to-crazy. hit me up.

I'm also sorry about your Navajo. I've only ever seen one around my area, south central Indiana. It's also not in the county I live in.

There are a lot of explorer's out there, many in local junk yards, but I've only ever seen that one Navajo and overall I like the front end look of them. It's different.

I hit a deer in my old 99 Malibu, caused $1,300 in damage at 25 MPH. That is also fixing it myself. I had paid $1,500 for it and had it for about two years. Overall it was a nice car with the 2.4L quad four. Never had any major issues with it but I had a good engine. So I ended up selling it for $800 cash, wrecked and got a 94 grand Am for $100 from the same guy. I junked the Grand AM because he wouldn't give me a title and it had jumped time.

Timing chain kit would have cost nearly as much as I would have got from the engine so it all went to a local junk yard.

Glad to see you are fixing your ride, many people do not care about what they drive this day and age or how it looks.

sorry to hear about what happened man. im heading out to reno tommorow to check some of their junk yards. there is one here by fallon nv with 5 1st gen explorers / rangers ive been picking parts off of. because of this post i will pull more parts for navajos just in case something happens to mine. it sounds like its real hard to find cheap parts. if anyone needs anything not-to-crazy. hit me up.

Dano! make sure you pick up a spare grill and grill reinforcement. those are by far the hardest to find and most expensive parts. i noticed a ranger grill can be found in the $20 range. the navajo grill can be found new only, in the $192.00 range. all the grills i found were cracked and damaged. headlights and markers were easier to find, but i had to order both TWICE! two different people on ebay said there part wasnt up to par when they removed them. also, the explorer fenders are the exact same. and as far as i can tell, so is the bumper filler panel and hood.

I'm also sorry about your Navajo. I've only ever seen one around my area, south central Indiana. It's also not in the county I live in.

There are a lot of explorer's out there, many in local junk yards, but I've only ever seen that one Navajo and overall I like the front end look of them. It's different.

I hit a deer in my old 99 Malibu, caused $1,300 in damage at 25 MPH. That is also fixing it myself. I had paid $1,500 for it and had it for about two years. Overall it was a nice car with the 2.4L quad four. Never had any major issues with it but I had a good engine. So I ended up selling it for $800 cash, wrecked and got a 94 grand Am for $100 from the same guy. I junked the Grand AM because he wouldn't give me a title and it had jumped time.

Timing chain kit would have cost nearly as much as I would have got from the engine so it all went to a local junk yard.

Glad to see you are fixing your ride, many people do not care about what they drive this day and age or how it looks.

yeah it sucks i even had to fix it. i put new intake gaskets/headgaskets on and just buttoned it all up 10 minutes before i hit the deer. i was doing the freakin test drive. but honestly i love my :navajo:, i drove a 91 :rangerred: 4x4 for 8 years and always wanted a back seat. i never used the bed. i always put my banshee in the trailer. so to me, this is like my ranger with the back seat i always wanted. i doubt ill sell her either.

oh and by the way, i still have my ranger, so i could have cheaped out and put the front end on my mazda. but that weird bulgy navajo grill looks good to me :D

Back