I just fixed my front end vibration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I just fixed my front end vibration

xz96

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer sports 2wd
my whole front end was shaking badly, the faster i went, the worse it would be.

especially center console and front seat.

After repack my wheel bearings, there's no more vibration.;) my mechanic can repack my front end bearings in 10 min, so it's a pretty cheap fix..it was annoying as hell before..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never heard of re packing bearings to fix a front end from shaking, but glad it worked for you

Never heard of re packing bearings to fix a front end from shaking, but glad it worked for you

me either. if the bearings were that loose and/or dry you probably should have them replaced.

I agree, those are probably compromised. Since a failure of a bearing can have the wheel fly off the car... I would not try to save money there.

The thing is if they're shot, re greasing them will make no difference. Maybe the bearings were not tightened enough and they were loose and that would cause a shake. In that case the bearings would have sustained damage and that would have been seen by who ever re-greased them.

Back