I need a 2nd row console and paying big $$$ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need a 2nd row console and paying big $$$

reginijr

Reaction score
City, State
long island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer
I will pay handsomely for a pair of bucket seats for my 2011 ford explorer or a second row center console. I will pay ridiculous money for this or these things. I'm desperate cause my wife is flipping that I got a bence seat in the second row. Pls help my email address is reginijr@aol.com I don't care the color just need the goods I can always change fabric. Remember bigggggg $$$$

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have you looked at just trading it in for a new 2013 or selling your 2011/2012 and buying another 2011/2012 with the rear buckets?

I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but it may be more feasible than trying to retrofit the bucket seats yourself.

If you are set on retrofiting the seats and console yourself, have you priced it out on www.fordparts.com ? I'm guessing the console is probably aroun 500-800 on fordparts.

To much!!

I would be losing over $7000 and I'm gonna push on to find these
Items

I would search junk yards across your state and surrounding states. I think the bigger salvage yards are now computerized and have an inventory database that they can search.

Otherwise just order the seats from the dealer. If your willing to spend big money and reupholster, the pricing at the dealer might work.

Search for a dealer online that sells Ford parts over the Internet, they are way cheaper.

I have heard the console is a pain to order/get through the parts department but maybe that has changed now?

The console is $1000 for the parts then the labor the seats come to close to 3200 with labor from the dealer its ridiculous im thinking of cutting the bench and renovating it ti a bucket and the other one is a bucket already...desperation has set in

I will pay handsomely for a pair of bucket seats for my 2011 ford explorer or a second row center console. I will pay ridiculous money for this or these things. I'm desperate cause my wife is flipping that I got a bence seat in the second row. Pls help my email address is reginijr@aol.com I don't care the color just need the goods I can always change fabric. Remember bigggggg $$$$

The console is $1000 for the parts then the labor the seats come to close to 3200 with labor from the dealer its ridiculous im thinking of cutting the bench and renovating it ti a bucket and the other one is a bucket already...desperation has set in

Well, you siad ridiculous money was what you were willing to pay, sounds like you have your solution :)

Make your wife sit in the second row bench seat until she finally gets use to it and shuts up. May be cheaper to just get a new wife, do an internet search, a new wife is probably cheaper online.

dude, i'm sure none of us truly have the best wife in the universe, but if you're getting that much grief over bucket seats vs bench seats, you have a lot more problems then you think......

all problems solved!!! found the bucket seats and the console 1150 combined plus shipping!!! wife is quiet and husband is off the hook. the story is one day i told my wife i wanted to wash her GMC acadia and brought back a 2011 explorer limited she loved it then freaked about the bench seat...well its finally over and buckets are pretty cool and in my opinion look better than the bench. thx for the reccomendations about the wife but im keeping her

all problems solved!!! found the bucket seats and the console 1150 combined plus shipping!!! wife is quiet and husband is off the hook. the story is one day i told my wife i wanted to wash her GMC acadia and brought back a 2011 explorer limited she loved it then freaked about the bench seat...well its finally over and buckets are pretty cool and in my opinion look better than the bench. thx for the reccomendations about the wife but im keeping her

She must be smoking hot!!! :eek: Pictures?? Just kidding!;)

Cool! Where did you end up getting them?

It's Valentine's Day in 3 days, so I was going to suggest "date night" for you and Mrs. Regini. Back seat. Just saying.;)

It's Valentine's Day in 3 days, so I was going to suggest "date night" for you and Mrs. Regini. Back seat. Just saying.;)

Better not swap out the seats before that. Buckets can be (I mean, could be) more difficult than a bench in that scenario.:D

well the bench is christened already and depending on position buckets can be useful. yes she is smokin and the moderator is gonna ban us. thank you guys for the marital advice and the congratulations on the purchase i made. I did a salvage search and got em that way

Hey Regini

Could you please tell me the search you used for these seats, I could use some. Thank you

Troy

I will get info and give it to you soon. Gotta
Find name of junkyard I thing salvageking.com

Thank you, that would be great, I googled salvageking.com and I didn't find anything.

Thanks

Troy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back