• Register Today It's free!

I need a rear toe link

oldschool

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mounty
As the title says. '04 Mountaineer. I replaced the pass. wheel bearing and saw that the boot was torn before I started work. After changing the bearing, much of the wobble was gone. Unfortunately, the end of the link has worn and there is still movement and noise when cornering/changing direction.

1. Is this still a Ford only part? I haven't been able to find it and didn't know if my results were typical.

2. I read in another thread that these were rare in the dealer network and could take some time to get. Has that changed?

3. Can the ball end be cut off and replaced with another? If so where did you get the part?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I checked rockauto. Thanks for the tip. No dice.

ziplock bag + grease + ziptie... JK. Id go ahead and see the dealer about this one.

Item 7 what you need?

T170120.gif

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/par...0120&callout=7&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

Ford P/N: 2L2Z5A972AA
Motorcraft P/N 5A972

RenderIllustration.ashx

Seems to be only available through Ford

Well, I knew my tires were getting down there but I was trying to hold off so I could get the Rancho quicklifts and a bit bigger tire. Anyway coming home from work, it's been snow flurries on and off all day, sun out at times and my neighborhood streets get slick. Sure enough turned a corner and slid, back tire hit the curb and bent the rear link. So my local Ford dealer wants $286 plus tax is $303. Crazy.

I see that MOOG & Dorman has "replacements". They are way way cheaper that the Ford Part but I can't tell if they are the 17mm like mine needs. I'm not much of a fan of Dorman and don't know if MOOG is they any good. Any used them or heard if they are any good? Thanks, Ken

Does Tousley Ford still give a discount to members? I see on there website it's $187.36. Probably around $200 shipped.

For my 2002 limited explorer. Got mine from Rock and was surprised at how beefy it was considering the low cost. Had a problem though with grease fitting hitting the inside of the rear wheels, so I lubed them up, removed the fittings and capped with a screw. Besides that they worked out great. Maybe if you look under explorer on RA website you will find them for 2005

Back