i need help bad! at the end of my rope. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i need help bad! at the end of my rope.

allxlts

Reaction score
City, State
Montague, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ex, 96 s10
girlfriend got a 98 ex. got a CEL for a torque converter clutch circuit. changed out the TCC and the light is still on. i dont know what to do next. can someone please help me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can disconnect the battery for 10 min. or so or you could take to your local parts store like auto zone or advance auto and they can erase the code with their scanner.

Si i agree. CEL won't erase itself

i erase the code and it comes back. hence the problem. i just cant figure it out =/

Did you replace the tc solenoid that is mounted on the valve body? or the torque converter? What type of trannsmission do you have?

What number is that code?

bumping my own thread. the ex has been in my back yard since this, been my mudding toy, girlfriend and i got a pair of cummins'. but, i need another car for a bit, so the ex is getting plates. cant get it inspected with the code.

but, the rundown is i replaced the TCC and did my best to go through the wiring, but i dont know what goes where. the trans shifts fine, goes into and out of overdrive fine, but the code is still there. im thinking something with the wiring, but who knows. also found out its a reman trans. again me thinking they messed something up with the wiring.

but any help is appreciated guys. i really dont wanna have to take it to a shop.

oh, to answer questions, its a 5r55 i think? and yes, i cleared the codes multiple times. if i clear it with the engine running, it wont come back on until i turn the truck off and back on, or if i drive it for about 10 mins.

Po743

Back