• Register Today It's free!

I need HELP! electrical problem

vickie

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer
Hello every one I really need some information. I have a strainge electrical problem with my 94 ford explorer. Most of the time it starts,but the radio don't work and then other times the radio works but the fuel pump won't and it won't start. Has amy one had this problem before? ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome that sux that u have these issues with ur x

I just can't figure it out! It's maddening I got it real cheap, they said it needed a fuel pump and when I got it home I turned the key and it started right up but the radio didn't work. In fact I drove it 15 miles, took it to a car wash and everything. Then the next day I turned the key and the radio worked but the fuel pump didn't. Some one put a new radio in may be he hooked the power to the alarm system, because that's what it acts like. the anti theft shuts the fuel pump off when it thinks some thing is wrong. I wish some one could give me and answer on this one. I like the explorer. Thanks for your sympathy I need it. Vickie

welcome. sounds like they wirde the radio in wrong which is why its acting the way it is. try removing the radio and see if that helps.

:)Sound like a good idea I will try that! Is it a good idea to unhook the anit theft? I don't think I need it. Thanks for the reply I appreciate any and all Vickie:thumbsup:

iwould bother takin the anti theft out.

The post are real clean, I checked the cables every thing checked out. I think I figured it out! I changed the ignition switch and I ended up with a radio and a truck that starts:chug::burnout: But when I drove it at night I noticed that the light were dim as well so I checked the battery while it was running it was fine until I turned the lights on and it went below 7v and stayed there so I changed the a alternator. All I need to do know is figure out why the 4 wheel don't work. :crazy: Thanks for all the advice I read a lot of your answers to other people You guy's are great! Thanks Vickie
I'm sure I will have more problems with this thing, it's nice to know you guy's are out there. :thumbsup:

Don't rule out the battery cables. They tend to corrode from the inside, and you can't see how bad they are.

If you still have battery problems, I would replace those next.

Mike

Hay thanks Mike I will check them today. It's a really nice explorer I would like to take it on a trip one day. I bought it at a car auction.
I actually purchased a Blazer but when I got there I found out I won the explorer as well. I only paid $196.00 for it what a surprise that was. Thanks again for the information. Vickie :)

...All I need to do know is figure out why the 4 wheel don't work. :crazy: Thanks for all the advice I read a lot of your answers to other people You guy's are great! Thanks Vickie
I'm sure I will have more problems with this thing, it's nice to know you guy's are out there. :thumbsup:

Check out the 4x4 troubleshooting guide for lots of info and pics to help diagnose issues within the 4x4 system.

Your other issues with the radio and fuel pump can be a PITA to track down, especially when the previous owner did some funky wiring..

Wow great information, I had no idea what you have to do to get in 4 low. that's the one that don't work. I need to put it in neutral first. Thanks for the trouble shooting guide. :biggthump Vickie

Back