I need help replacing the hydraulic line going to the slave cylinder. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help replacing the hydraulic line going to the slave cylinder.

THEANGRYBUDDAH

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XL
im glad i found this site! looking on google for answers to car questions can be quite a hassle, right now i have another problem
im replacing the clutch in my 91 Xl and im having a problem getting the hydralic line to the slave cylinder out i cant drop the tranny with out doing this and was wondering how to? i've seen some posts on clutch replacement but the hydraulic line is always glanced over.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im glad i found this site! looking on google for answers to car questions can be quite a hassle, right now i have another problem
im replacing the clutch in my 91 Xl and im having a problem getting the hydralic line to the slave cylinder out i cant drop the tranny with out doing this and was wondering how to? i've seen some posts on clutch replacement but the hydraulic line is always glanced over.
I hope this is what you are asking for, removal of the hydraulic line from the slave-cylinder? And welcome to the forum!

welcome

thanks alot for your help, i had it figured out before i got back to your replies but your effort is greatly appreciated.\

SOULUTION
It turns out that not only did i need to push the white plastic sleeve in but i also needed to push the hydralic line in towards the slave cylinder. (not too much only about 1/16th an inch) with the combination of these two techniques i got it out without any damage. *phew*

but again thanks, ill be back here again this site is just the explorer community i need.

Back