I need help with codes in my explorer 1993 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help with codes in my explorer 1993

luis_lapray

Reaction score
City, State
Chihuahua
Year, Model & Trim Level
EDDIE BAUER 1993 2WD
the KOEO test is with off engine ?or with engine run.
I got the codes 157, and sometimes 123, but with paper clip method, with the off engine,only the key on,but DON'T start the truck
what is the diference between in KOEO and CM ?
what is better?.
I am a little confused with this two methods
thanks and you have a nice day?.
i hope that you understand my english.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what is the diference between in KOEO and CM ?
I explain these in my "notes on pulling EEC-IV codes" thread in the EEC-IV forum. In short, there are two types of codes output during the KOEO test: KOEO codes are the first set, followed by CM codes (with a separator pulse between). KOEO codes are faults detected at the time of the test, CM codes are faults that were detected at some point previous to the test.

what is better?.
Neither is "better." KOEO codes tend to be easier to diagnose. Because they are set with the engine not running, they are almost always electrical faults, so you can focus your diagnosis on the appropriate sensor circuit.

thanks for you answer, last night I pull on the codes,
the KOEO WITH engine off is
157, how can fix this code?, it is a ground bad,

and the KOEOR, with engine run, was:
and sometimes was 123 (tps)
the code 998 is Hard fault present, what is this code?
thanks

It is important to pass the KOEO (Key On Engine Off) test first. The CM and KOER tests are not valid until you pass KOEO.

You have code 157, which is an issue at the Mass Airflow Sensor. You must fix this first. Go to this site for a step-by-step on this sensor:

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford_maf/maf_sensor_ford_1.php

Good Luck!

hello last night I took the values with multimeter of the MAF,
I took the wire with letter D with the engine run and is of 0.05 V, and when increase the RPM the
the volts don't INCREASE,
answer: the MAF is bad,

Back