I need major "expert" help deciding!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need major "expert" help deciding!!!

vig1116

Reaction score
City, State
monmouth, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 sport
Ok, so i ordered a '16 limited, but I've been presented with a great deal on a '15 and I'm not sure i can turn it down.

Both choices are the exact same terms (36mo lease with 10k miles and $1k down.)

The car i have on order and should be here within 2 weeks is:

2016 magnetic metallic/ebony limited 4wd 3.5L (non ecoboost) 301a, collision warning, 20" polished alum wheels. MSRP 48,940. 535/mo
the "great deal" car is:

2015 white platinum/char black Sport 4wd 3.5L with ecoboost 401a, dual panel moonroof. MSRP 50,560. 489/month

What do you guys think??? I haven't driven a sport yet and will drive it next week to make sure i like it for the fam (wife and 2 kids)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go for the Sport. I love the extra power. I also think the 2015 looks much better than the 2016, especially the front end.

Dave

I love the extra power.
Dave

That's a big statement for me! I've had 2 limited's since '11 (no ecoboost) and in both, when trying to gun it, lets say while making a left turn at a light when a car is coming straight, I've felt theres hesitation/not quick enough when i hit the gas. Maybe the ecoboost will help with that!! (and other scenarios too, just one example.)

Sport...the power is awesome

I'm still not convinced it's such a "killer deal" though, being there's a $2500 rebate till 7/6... still a good price though...

I had a Limited 13MY and after driving the Sport I would never go back. Yes I miss some of the options you can't get on the Sport but that EcoBoost power along with the EPAS and AWD Sport tuning is a much bigger deal since you use it all the time.

Take the Sport, then wait for the redesigned version coming.

The SPORT is AWESOME! I bought a Tri-Platinum Sport on Memorial day... It's a beautiful vehicle inside and out. It's loaded with leather, sun roof, etc... You will love the extra power that your old 3.5L Limited doesn't have.

WOW. I'm shocked (not in a bad way) at how much of a difference the sports engine and suspension is over the limited!!! I am going to try to go to the dealer tomorrow to test drive it. Sounds like a no brainer!! Does the deal sound good to you guys???

Deal sounds pretty good...im at $499 on a sport with a $50,035 msrp..put $2700 down and have 19,500 miles per year. I also traded in my 2013 Explorer lease a year early that had about $4000 in negative equity on it. If it were me I would take the sport now..not a huge fan of the rear on the new 16 and the seats aren't as comfortable.

You guys are making my decision easy!! :) Cant wait to drive this tomorrow now!!

You guys are making my decision easy!! :) Cant wait to drive this tomorrow now!!

Don't be afraid to get on it either during the test drive!

Get more miles on the lease for that price.

Don't be afraid to get on it either during the test drive!

I second that....but make sure you have both hands on the wheel!

Easy choice - Sport with twin turbo's …..wife has a 2015….zero complaints…..

i am so glad i asked cause i was really leaning towards the newer model!!

And I'm def not going to hold back :)

question i forgot. Being an ecoboost, does it require premium gas, or is regular unleaded sufficient?

No HID on sports, if that is important keep that in mind but can be retrofitted fairly inexpensively.

Yup, Sport all the way. My wife drives the limited and I drive the sport. It is night and day between them.

Just drove the '16 xlt, and '15 sport. WOW!!!! That engine is a whole different ballgame! I also saw a '16 sport in magnetic. Looks sweet but I'm sure out of the range I'm willing to go on a monthly payment. Going to run numbers anyway though ;)

HID is not a deal breaker for me. :) But curious to know why they would omit it on the top tear model

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just drove the '16 xlt, and '15 sport. WOW!!!! That engine is a whole different ballgame! I also saw a '16 sport in magnetic. Looks sweet but I'm sure out of the range I'm willing to go on a monthly payment. Going to run numbers anyway though ;)

HID is not a deal breaker for me. :) But curious to know why they would omit it on the top tear model

Because these are built by accountants and not by engineers.

Back