i need your ideas guys i cant get the back low enough | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i need your ideas guys i cant get the back low enough

Xzibit A

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn,VA(NOVA)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt 4.6
what did you guys do to lower the rear of your truck way down, i have 3" blocks and removed the overload leaf, and its still about an inch too high, i did the torsion flip and have it pretty damn low, put it this way all those who flamed me for having such small tires wont think that way they look good now, except in the back it needs to come down, its sitting at like 28.5, and the front is 27.5 and i like where the front is sitting.

but the t-bar flip and putting the new blocks in only took me about an hour9at work with a lift and air tools) which is how long it took me to put the 2" blocks in and remove the bolts. now i just need some adjusters, which cost me about 6 bucks a pair.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pics up tomarrow maybe, digi is dead right now, and full

do a frame c notch

thats not the problem, its getting low enough to need a notch

What about custom shackles? I don't know how much shorter you could get them than stock though.

yeah i was looking at that, there is not much room wit those, i was reading on ranger powersports about flipping them, i might try to do that, im gonna look and see if it is possible. but the lowest part on the truck right now is 1.5" off the ground its sick.

Aim industries or Chasis tech has drop springs for the rear of your truck. Mike

Xzibit A said:
yeah i was looking at that, there is not much room wit those, i was reading on ranger powersports about flipping them, i might try to do that, im gonna look and see if it is possible. but the lowest part on the truck right now is 1.5" off the ground its sick.

ranger shackles are set up differently, a shackle flip wont work on the Explorer.... what bout a bigger block in the back?

XplorerKid said:
ranger shackles are set up differently, a shackle flip wont work on the Explorer.... what bout a bigger block in the back?

What he said. What size blocks do you have now?

Bigger block, all there is to it.

i k now the shackle thing isn't gonna work i might be able to redrill the shackles and move them up but i dont think itll move it very much, and i dont wanna use 4" blocks, i think that is too much block and it puts the u bolts way to close to the ground.

dont use any block bigger then a 3" unless you have a death wish.... get new springs... there isnt much you can do...... they make springs for lowered applications.... or you can airbag like expo5.0 and do it that way... that will be the ultimate setup for low, and still allow extra height when you actually drive it

bags are in the works but not till the body is finished and the drive train is rebuilt. i gues ill have to start savin for those springs, any one used them yet

Back