I suddenly can not make or receive calls- HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I suddenly can not make or receive calls- HELP!

spitfisher

Reaction score
City, State
New England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Ist I have done nothing to my phone, Tmobile sensation 4g, I have not synced it, nor updated any software, everything, bluetooth etc seems to be on.

I have not made any changes to my 2011 explore, the phone, MFT and sunc has work flawlessy since day one. I have the latest rev from back in april which only further improved the function.

So I attempt make a call, it dials, it connects, they can not hear me, cannot hear them, 20 seconds into the silence call is ended

so they try and call me back, the ring comes thru the exp system, I hit accept and as you may have guessed I can not hear them, they can not hear me, the call is ended by the explorer.

I am in a 4 bar area with 4g.

So I switch to handset only, same result.

I walk 100 feet away from the car and my cell phone works fine. I walk back to car and call is ended after some silence.

This began immediately yesterday after noon, after making some calls inside the car, thru the speaker phone while driving.

what do you suggest I try, I have been thru the whole setting menu, it appears everything is fine. I have disconnected the phone and reconnected, rebooted my phone several times, shut the car off.......

HELP!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First things first. You need to determine if the problem is the phone or MFT.

1. Pair another phone with MFT and see if you get them same problem. If you do, the issue is probably with MFT. If you don't the issue is definitely with the phone.

2. If the issue appears to be with MFT, restart your phone. Sometimes a soft reset takes care of minor problems.

3. If number 2 doesn't work, pull fuse 29 and reboot MFT (do a search on this forum if you don't know how to pull fuse 29).

Hope this helps

I thought you sold your Ex spitfisher??

Vince, I did sell it, the hand off is on thursday, you think the EXPL some how knows it being sold?

Thanks for the tip, ill try it with my wifes phone...... And see

I just paired my wifes phone, it it was the same result, I guess Ill pull the fuse.....

BTW this is the very first issue of any kind big or small I have had with the sync & MFT.

Also try deleting the phone from MFT and then set it back up.

ok so heres what I did, i did a master reset from the setting screens, it erases everything and restores to factory default settings. Since I was going to sell the explorer any way.

Worked fine, lost my screen savers etc, then zi simle re- paired my phone.

Back