I think i will need fender flares..... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I think i will need fender flares.....

92 EB SFA

Hmmmm 15x10 rim's with 2.75"BS are the future home of some 35x15x15 boggers.... think i need fender flares?
Oh ya i am kinda in the middle of my SAS, wish me luck :)

post-18-1066696046.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good new's / Bad new's
Good new's my gears "should" be in on tuesday
Bad new's my deal on coils fell thru so..... hurry up and wait :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good, that axle is da chit! tough break on the springs, got any ideas for different ones?

hey will this make you the youngest member with SAS?
you're what? 22?

Subscribing....

No, there's a 17 year old here with an SAS... can't think of who it is though. :cool:

Red somethin or other is the kids name. Will wait and see how it turns out, I think he is doing a lot of the stuff himself.

i am the 17 year old. i started the project when i was 16.... mid september. i should have it rolling in the middle of next week. the engine and tranny are good to go... just have to get them in. the spring over is done. i have a 3 inch Bl with shackles. hopefully i will be driving it within a month or 2. i have been deer hunting alot so i havent had that much time to work on it.

ok, for 17, you definitely shouldn't have that much money, so you should give me some :D Where do you get the money to do all that while in high school??

School and me never got along that well :rolleyes: i have had a full time job since i was 16 and had a part time job before that.
I am also a proud father of a 18 month old boy and am buying a house so ya money is rather tight but that just mean's it takes longer to get thing's done..... i dont give up and if the project has to sit around for a while for lack of cash so be it.
I do ALL my own work from cutting down the diff to rebuilding the 302 and setting gears, it help's to know people that have done this kinda work before and are willing to teach you cause i cant stand when people "buy" a kick ass 4x4 and have no clue how to fix it when it breaks in the middle of the trail besides when you create with your own two hand's you realy respect and apreciate what you have.... ok i will get off the soap box now :D
As for spring's look's like i am going wild horses 5.5" rock crawlers and raising my coil towers a few inches, while the price of $160 maybe almost "cheap" to some of you by the time i get a set deliverd to my door it will cost just about $400cdn :eek: damn this exchange/duty chit is nut's.
One small update is that i picked up a EB 9" for the back end just need a set of 31 spline strange axle's a new set of gears and some 7018 for that damn 31 spline open carrier i got floating around the shop :D

Bates wants an update. He is anxious to see that nice axle covered in mud...

where did i get the money... it hasnt cost me much yet. i think i have maybe 2 hundred into it. lets see, alot of it i got from left over projects. the D30, which is temporary untill i get a D44. i bought 2 302s,carbd, for 100 bucks. one ran ok. now it runs good enough to get me through untill the other one is completely rebuilt. i friend of my dads was hard up for cash so i bought, headers and two trannies and started distributer cap and radiator, and other stuff all for 100$. heck of a deal. Basically i still have to buy my 4.10s and a few other parts. the only sad thing is i have to run a spring overed straight axled body lifted, shackled explorer sport with 32X11.5s:( haha soon to be 35s

Pfft, that is what side thrusters are for Robb!

thanks for the correction robb... im just typin out of my a$$.. i dunno why i said 35... hmm geuss im not as smart as YOU thought.. haha im just playin robb... ill admit it this time... your right, im wrong, my bad, yeah ill admit it you got me.

an update eh?....... this is where i am at right now, i will play with it a bit more on the weekend.
D44early9.sized.jpg

small update :D
Gears and brand new open carrier are installed
new bearing's and seal's all around
still need hub's

46" from floor to fender

Image01_001.jpg

must say i am dissapointed with ford's factory coil bucket's they catch alot of mud and saly, when i removed mine there was some ugly rust on the frame... POR-15 and some 1/2" 6x3 angle to weld the buckets to AND i re used all factory holes in the frame..... the drivers side frame has a funky rib in it so i needed to use 1/2" so i could move my bucket forward a bit and up just a hair.

Image03.jpg

My coil's sit straight as an arrow no bowing forward but they do curve in a bit.... if your planning on doing a SFA remember to keep the bucket's in line with the cup's on the diff or the coil's will bow!

Image02_001.jpg

Steering trackbar and hub's...... then i need some custom axles for a 9" :D
will update thread as time money permit's

Hey! bout damn time right!

I'm just glad the world knows that bling bling axle is gone. I almost blew the secret when bipolarbob mentioned it in another thread.

Looks good, now get back to work on that bling bling gear in the ninch inch ;)

o and the 302.....

Back