• Register Today It's free!

I weighed my Ranger

jerem0621

Reaction score
City, State
Sequatchie, Tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer limited 4x4
I have a 93 4x4 Ranger. Automatic, 4.0 v6, king cab. I weighed my truck today completely empty except for a full tank and myself in the truck. I weigh about 200 lbs. The front Gross Axle Weight is 2740 and the rear is 2750. The GVWR should be 5490 My weights are

Front - 2560

Rear - 1600

Gross weight is 4160

I have a payload rate of about 1330 lbs in a Ford Ranger.

Couple this with the tow rating of 5800 lbs and the Ranger shows on paper that it should be a pretty capable tow vehicle.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but this payload rate is close if not more than some 1/2 ton trucks. I'm kind of surprised to tell you the truth. I have a small pop up and I wanted to know what my weights are. Hmm any body know of anyone towing a very small fifth wheel with a Ranger LOL...

Seriously though if I have over looked something in my calculations please let me know. I've drove rangers for years and recently was intrigued by the idea of towing a small fiver with my Ranger and wanted to find my numbers before I made a huge mistake. I think that with the right trailer I may be OK. I was thinking about a coachman Catalina 22, Shadow Cruiser or something like that with a dry weight around 3000-4000 lbs. LOL

maybe I'm just crazy.

Jerem0621

Back