• Register Today It's free!

im a noob

muddigger3

Reaction score
City, State
floral city
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xploder 4x4
howdy yall, man as i sit here and type all i can think about is all the fun ive had in the past w/my rangers/xploders... goin from the '65 the first "ranger", and my first truck to boot, then to the 95 ranger, followed a few yrs later w/91 xploder 4x4 man that 1 was fun couldnt beat 100 bucks drove it home w/no windshield and yes it rained that day.... man the looks i got from folks finger pointing and all as i rode by cops n all no windshield and wipers on, man that was hilarious... i miss that truck it was my first 4wd, had alot of fun and didnt sink alot of cash in it, but i lost it and not how most people think but thats a whole nother story...
well from that xploder went to a 95 f150 4x4 on 38's "mudd bugg", still got that 1, then around 8 months of havin mudd bugg i dunked my 95 ranger in a bigger than i thought mud puddle in "rancho", i kept this ranger for a few more years hoping to find an engine n tranny for cheap to no avail... 2 weeks after i sold it to the junk man abuddy of mine called me n said i got a 4l v6 n a stick tranny 400 bucks... as you can imagine i was a lil po'ed, not at him but myself... :mad: but then a few months later i find puddle jumper 1 , 91 xploder 2wd had that a couple o years til my gf now my wife got rear ended at a red light, didnt twist the frame but it twisted the body it was all kinds a caddywhompus... now on to the present, puddle jumper 2, yet another 91 4x4 :D, then the other day i found a 96 4 door xploder 4l v6 4x4... but i cant remember if that was the year they put the timing chain in the back of the engine :(, if so it aint for me... i like stuff i can work on w/o any major technical difficulties... i try to steer away from "houston we have a problem"...:exp:

The '96 can have either the 4.0 SOHC or the 4.0 OHV. The 4.0 SOHC which is a single overhead cam motor has the timing chain in back, and is known to be problematic.

Welcome to the forum:chug:

Back