i'm probably oblivious to this somewhere.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i'm probably oblivious to this somewhere....

tufguy5089

Reaction score
I have a 94 explorer with the premium sound, i'm trying to put in my aiwa cd player as a replacement from the stock tape deck....i have the wiring harness so i can just plug it in instead of rewiring from the amp in the back, but the connector i got does not fit the back of the aiwa deck which is a 16 pin, the connector i have is a 16 pin....but its smaller, and won't go in. this is what i bought...http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5932_PAC+AMP-FRD1.html

but that doesnt work. any suggestions as to where to get a connector that fits both the square 8 pin power cable, and the speaker plug that would just plug right into the back of the aiwa deck? its the normal 16 pin connection most decks use. thanks in advance for the help

the aiwa should've came with it's own harness. then you just splice the 2 harnesses together (or 3 harnesses if you wanna be technical)

Yeah, i figured i needed to contact AIWA and see if i could buy a replacement. I just wanted to make sure i wasnt doing something wrong before i went ahead and did that. Thanks for the help

Back