Importance of vehicle being level for oil change? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Importance of vehicle being level for oil change?

Most people take their vehicle somewhere like Jiffy Lube. My sister took her Mini there and they completely forgot to hook the intake piping on. Not a big deal since the filter is up near the intake manifold, but I was still pissed. However even dealerships can screw up sometimes, would rather save my self some time and money by just do it myself. Especially since an oil and filter change is one of the most easiest things you can do.
I lease my vehicles so I always go back to the dealer for service. Given my advanced age and health, I would rather have them do it while I take advantage of the free coffee and browse the showroom or watch TV. Also, it gives me a chance to get out of the house and put some mileage on the vehicle.;)

Peter

I've always had the oil change service performed at the dealership for as long as I can remember and have never had an issue.

Peter

I used to since they can do a better inspection of the suspension system on a lift, but now I'm missing the entire under shield for my '12 explorer and their constant 'filter' checks have resulted in numerous stripped/missing fasteners. The kids in the quick lane section just don't respect the vehicles the way I would hope.

Back