Incentive blues ... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Incentive blues ...

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT 202A Bdx Tow Nav
I expect our X to arrive this Friday (4/8). However, the $1000 cash incentive expired on 4/4. While I have seen posts stating the dealers may honor the incentives available when ordering, I believe it is strictly up to the dealerships. I have little faith our dealer will comply given the rarity of these vehicles.

Any words of wisdom on getting my dealer to honor the $1000 incentive that just expired??

I did get the $750 incentive for ordering the brochure ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just ask for it. And hold your ground. That's what I did while negotiating the price of my new Ex, and have successfully done with all my most recent car purchases. Regardless of the perceived rarity of the vehicle, there is always room for negotiation independent of any rebates that may or may not be available. Don't be afraid or intimidated to name your price.

Always start negotiating from YOUR price offer. Never from the MSRP down. You may do several back and forth exercises as the sales person will go and speak to their manager. And NEVER fall prey to discussing vehicle price relative to monthly payment. Take your time. Don't be rushed. Take a break if you need to. Think like a winner.

Best of luck!

We negotiated the price when ordering. I know our price was about $1500 over invoice so there is wiggle room but I had to go to 3 dealerships in the area to even get this price.

Unfortunately, we will not walk away due to the lengthy wait to the build and there are still very few vehicles in the area.

There is definitely wiggle room. I negotiated my pricing at 250 below invoice. Plus the 1000 rebate, plus the 750 rebate.

In your case i would go in and ask that they either honor the original 1000 rebate or come down 500 on the price to make up the difference. They have Room to do this.

Good luck!

There is definitely wiggle room. I negotiated my pricing at 250 below invoice. Plus the 1000 rebate, plus the 750 rebate.

Was this after the 4/4 end date?

Ford Explorer Official response is your rebates are protected. Ask your dealer to contact his zone mgr for help with authorization. You are price protected for the price and payment available at the time of retail order. Craig

This was posted on FB, this morning, regarding incentives, prices & rebates at time of order.
Hope this helps.

Ford Explorer Official response is your rebates are protected. Ask your dealer to contact his zone mgr for help with authorization. You are price protected for the price and payment available at the time of retail order. Craig

This was posted on FB, this morning, regarding incentives, prices & rebates at time of order.
Hope this helps.

Sweet!! Thanks for passing this on, hope it is for real.

Can anyone tell me how to get this $750 coupon. I received a $1000 incentive when the car was purchased but no mention of the coupon. How can I get it and can it be used with the $1000 incentive?

Order a brochure. Now, not all brochures came with the $750 rebate(which is good til 5/31.)

About a week or so after order of brochure your dealer should be able to look at the "vincent" website & see if you are given the $750 coupon.

Two of my coupons came via email--so they may come that way & the brochure by mail.

Can anyone tell me how to get this $750 coupon. I received a $1000 incentive when the car was purchased but no mention of the coupon. How can I get it and can it be used with the $1000 incentive?

Unless you had one before the $1k expired on 4/4 I think your out of luck. You cant combine incentives from different time periods. You can either take the ones from before 4/4 or after.

However, you can have the dealer check the "Vincent" system to see if one was in there for you. You don't really need the physical brochure in hand.

Order a brochure. Now, not all brochures came with the $750 rebate(which is good til 5/31.)

About a week or so after order of brochure your dealer should be able to look at the "vincent" website & see if you are given the $750 coupon.

Two of my coupons came via email--so they may come that way & the brochure by mail.

Thanks for the info. I guess my question should have been how or where do I order it from? I ordered the car on 2/5/11 with a build date of 2/25/11. The cars been in Chicago since then. I'm expecting I'll receive it soon so I don't really understand all of the ins and outs of the coupon. Maybe it will apply, maybe it won't but I figured for a few extra keystrokes its worth the effort. If you could provide me the info on how to order, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info. I guess my question should have been how or where do I order it from? I ordered the car on 2/5/11 with a build date of 2/25/11. The cars been in Chicago since then. I'm expecting I'll receive it soon so I don't really understand all of the ins and outs of the coupon. Maybe it will apply, maybe it won't but I figured for a few extra keystrokes its worth the effort. If you could provide me the info on how to order, it would be appreciated.
Go to Ford's Explorer website:

http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/

Down at the bottom under Research you will see "Brochures". Click it and follow the instructions. I got both the downloadable and hard copy brochure. I actually wound up getting three versions of the coupon: one emailed to me, one as a separate postcard mailed to me, and one in the hard copy brochure itself.

Hmm..you may have a hard time with using the coupon if you get one. You have to have had it in your name prior to ordering.
You can always try...never hurts!

What I read is that Ford has a new rule on incentives. They will honor whatever incentive they had when you ordered the vehicle. This is Ford's new policy not the dealerships so they have to honor it. Call Ford customer support at 1-800-392-3673

Back