Incentive Protection / Changing Dealer Question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Incentive Protection / Changing Dealer Question.

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
I read were people have been waiting for a VIN# for weeks/months and finally changed dealers and received their VIN in just a few days.

Has anybody done this and still had the old incentives honored from when your original order was placed?

I'm not at that point yet but two more weeks without a VIN and I will be. I currently do not have a vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sucks that you don't have a vin, I was torn between ordering and buying something off the lot, my local dealer here seems to have a bit of FWD in stock, not sure what you are looking for though.
Regarding the incentives, based on what I have read, it seems that some people have to work even to have the existing dealer honor expired incentives, yet alone changing from dealership, but I might be mistaken...

If you change dealers, you lose the protection. I did just that and lost it. I called program headquartersand they confirmed that is correct. It sucks but I ratherhave the vehicle and lose $500 then wait and wait. Ive been driving it for a week now where my order is still awaiting shipment.

I read were people have been waiting for a VIN# for weeks/months and finally changed dealers and received their VIN in just a few days.

Has anybody done this and still had the old incentives honored from when your original order was placed?

I'm not at that point yet but two more weeks without a VIN and I will be. I currently do not have a vehicle.

Sorry for the delayed response, I just ran across this post. As blwnsmoke stated, you may lose the incentives honored by the original dealer, since each dealer is independently owned and operated. However, now that you do have a VIN, my offer still stands: if you need any further tracking assistance feel free to PM me.

~Seni

Thanks Seni!

I will be trying to pull up my window sticker next week to see my build day.

I think you can ten help me with the ETA after the vehicles built so I will certainly send you a PM after my Explorer is built to find out when I can expect it!

Thanks Seni!

I will be trying to pull up my window sticker next week to see my build day.

I think you can ten help me with the ETA after the vehicles built so I will certainly send you a PM after my Explorer is built to find out when I can expect it!

Just saw this reply, we have been in communication since but check your messages as I just sent you an update! :)

~Seni

Back