Infinity Kappa 682.9cf question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Infinity Kappa 682.9cf question

you may want to look into a pre-amp EQ. I have one that is has sub out and also 8 other sets of RCA outs as well. For great sound you should not overpower the speakers. if the speakers are made at 80 watts at 4 ohms then need to stick to an amp that is set for a max watts of 400 that is 4 ohms stable. Over powering speakers will blow them at some point and they may not be covered under warranty. Your choice of amps need to be like your speakers. I would go with a Kenwood amp. I never had an issue with the ones I had.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is there anyway you can post pics of all this?????

I love to rewire all that factory stuff. My wife goes crazy when I go to the store. I love to work on radios. Unlike some, I have trust issues with having guys install my stuff, its not hard if you take your time.

Im thinking of buys new subs and i want something that will pound my little explorer i was thinking of 2 12 comp vr or 2 12 type rs. Or anyone know some other brand that hits hard and im changing my deck to a kenwood to try to fix my sq on the speakers to a kenwood with 3 set pre outs its a kenwood kdc-x695

Yea i post some pics when i get home

good choice on the head unit. I would say either one of those choices will get loud for you but if you really wanna pound everything including your house windows or knock pictures off the wall then your going to need to upgrade almost everything but i can still give ya pointers

What kinda subs would u recommend? I was really looking into 2 15' kickers CompVR 2 ohms wit a pre fab box from amazon or maybe two 12 Alpine Type-R. Also someone offered me the new versions of the W3 12s for 230 but i want something to pound hard.

i really hate kickers but i would go with the w3s first then the r's but i recommend you listen to them if ya get a chance and then make your choice

I would have to upgrade my amp? Its a crunch 1100.1 and would i need to add a capasitor? What are the cons to kickers ive herd ok things just that sq kinda sucks but thats it and how would i connect a two voice coil aubs together then to the amp?

your amp should be just fine for any of these subs and to wire the subs to a certain ohm you need to tell me what ohms the voice coils are....some people swear by caps but really for this system its not going to be needed that is unless you have everything you possibly can running at one time

I ended up buyin 2 15' Kicker CompVR with a pre fab box. There 2ohm DVC

heres some pics of my hardware

86479340.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-27

photo2zs.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-27

photodal.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-27

Price depends on what you get. The best sub I have found was a JL 10 in.

W7 H.O. Wedge™

These are insanely powerful "H.O." (High Output) systems designed around JL Audio's flagship W7 subwoofers, delivering very high SPL while retaining excellent sound quality. Each is properly sized and tuned to the optimum ported alignment for the 12W7 and 10W7 and is shipped wired, loaded and ready to install.

Both models use our patented, chamber-coupled port design. The slot-port wraps around the inner enclosure and terminates just above the woofer. This provides the necessary surface area and port length to maximize the performance of the W7's. The recessed mounting baffle also provides protection for the woofer.

so what amp do u guys recommend for the infinity Kappas 6x8 because i set the gain down on the speakers and they dont distort but they dont sound as loud as my old pioneer 6x8 powered by a 400 Watt amp

I also just ordered a autotek mean machine amp for the kickers

i like Kenwood. The amps they make have true sound to them and the cost is not to high. Alpine makes a good 4 channel amps as well

Back