Painted Stock Wheels - Post Pictures | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Painted Stock Wheels - Post Pictures

bpl09

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hey, I am starting to look into black wheels for my ex. I thought I'd go with a cheaper route and buy some stock wheels and paint them black myself.

If you have done this, please post a pic

I want to see a variety so I can see what wheel looks the best painted black. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, I am starting to look into black wheels for my ex. I thought I'd go with a cheaper route and buy some stock wheels and paint them black myself.

If you have done this, please post a pic

I want to see a variety so I can see what wheel looks the best painted black. Thanks

I got mine powdercoated to match my gold trim. Turned out as good/better than stock.

Attachments

• DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 8,310

Another...

Attachments

• Spacer.jpg
    Spacer.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 5,667
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 10,297

That may just be one of the nicest trucks I've seen yet. What did the powdercoating run ya if you don't mind my asking..

That may just be one of the nicest trucks I've seen yet. What did the powdercoating run ya if you don't mind my asking..

$525 for 4 wheels & the skid plate on my Westin Bull Bar. Powder Barons, Middletown, DE.

You've got me thinking now..not on the explorer though on my mercury milan..

looks good keep up good work

those are the exact wheels im trying to buy and paint black.

i cant find them on craigslist or ebay......help

TFCEddie... your truck is TOO CLEAN! Wow... looks incredible. I couldn't tell what pushed it over the top but it's definitely the rims matching the trim.

I am looking into painting my stock wheels flat black as well, any one have pics?

bump, looking to paint winter wheels.....

i painted my stock wheels black
07312009066.jpg

IMAGE_111.jpg

IMAGE_113.jpg

fixedmounty.jpg

firstblpic.jpg

that should be enough pics lol

Here you go

Image043.jpg

Image042.jpg

And here's my old 96 with black painted wheels as well
101_0327.jpg

^^^^ Paint your grey plastic trim black and your truck will look incredible!!! Wheels look sick though man great work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back