• Register Today It's free!

Installed 00M12 kit, ECL still on

steven a.

Reaction score
City, State
Pass Christian, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' XLT
Ok, I have a 99 Explorer XLT, SOHC, 78k, I have read every message posted on ECL, idle, 00M12 kit, flashing ECL etc... I have cleaned every sensor mentioned, installed my second 00M12 kit (2days ago), new plugs & wires (1 month ago), new IAC, 4 new 02 sensors(2weeks ago) not sure of what else I"ve replaced the code reads bank 1 lean, No.1 misfire in the cold mornings not so much now after changing the 02 sensors. Could it be the fuel pressure regulator I had it checked and was fine 62 psi. I'm lost this ECL is bugging the me to death. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forgot to mention had the injectors cleaned (2days ago),checked for vacuum leak none found, this morning it was sluggish (temp 50 deg) lacking power, about a week ago the engine cut off when at idle and attemping to move forward.

Intake gasket?

What codes are you getting exactly? I assume you have reset the computer after all the fixes to clear the old codes?

codes

these were some of the codes I've been getting the too lean, misfire, PO 301, 171 and 174. I'm thinking about replacing the EGR valve and MAF sensor.

Back