Installed Magnaflow Duals on my 5.0 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed Magnaflow Duals on my 5.0

does anything think i should just go to the shop again and get the exhaust done again with 2.25 pipes? even my friend sitting shotgun said he noticed the difference. it just isnt as responsive, and it doesnt accel fast anymore.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would say yeah. It might also sound a little better too.

how woudl it sound better?

hey guys sorry to hear the problems with the exhaust. if you are not happy with the setup now you might as well go back and get the pipes redone to 2.25 cause if your like me it will just bug the hell out of you until you do. lol

i have the gibson single in/single out exhaust on my 5.0 X. i didn't lose any low end at all i might even have gained some. but sound is really quiet i wish it was louder.

and not to highjack this thread either, but why would anyone want headers on this motor if the 2.5 inch exhaust is too free flowing where you lose torque won't headers make it even worse? also, remember your only as free flowing as the smallest part of your exhaust if that makes sense.

Originally posted by Holty
won't headers make it even worse?

Yes, they will. Even with a stock exhaust, you can sometimes loose some torque from headers.

well i just got back from about a 1000 mile trip. i avg 21 mpg, which is a pretty big improvement. im not happy about the torque loss, but im happy with the gas mpg increase. ill prob stick with this for a bit and if it does bug me later.. ill get it redone.

Back