Installed Power stop upgraded brake rotors and pads on 06 v8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installed Power stop upgraded brake rotors and pads on 06 v8

Harley McIntyre

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Geneva, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer EB 4.6l
Finally after almost rear ending someone due to my pads being glazed and my rotors way past their wear limit, I replaced all 4 rotors, pads, and the front caliper guide pins and bolts (one stripped so bad I had to file it down and hammer a smaller socket onto it)

I've had them installed for about 2 weeks now, and they have been awesome so far, I didn't even replace all of my brake fluid due to my bleeders all being rusted to hell (gonna replace the calipers when I get the money)

Been on multiple long drives, going to and from Chicago which is roughly 75 mi, they have performed great in rain and hot conditions, no fade, no noise, and I can barley see any brake dust, and no surface rust on the rotors, they bite immediately and much much harder, probably better than stock, the pedal still feels soft but it now starts braking at the top of the pedal stroke instead of halfway through. I ordered the power stop kit from Amazon for our model years. Here's the link, and if it is dead for some reason in the future the kit number is k1443.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FKSD40/?tag=serious-20

About an extra 140 over getting a stock setup, but so far these have been completely worth it. Better to spend more on safety items and have that peace of mind.

Pads are carbon fiber ceramic mix (so they can get much hotter before they start to fade) and the rotors are classic cast iron with a zinc coating, but these just have the slots and drilled holes (not a fan of the holes but the EBC brake rotors prices were insanity 4-500+ for just rotors)

If anyone had any questions let me know!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1296926215.jpg
    Snapchat-1296926215.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 74

Back