Need recommendation on brake rotors and pads | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need recommendation on brake rotors and pads

SyberTiger

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited 4x4 4.6L
I have a 2002 4WD Explorer Limited that I recently put 20 inch rims on. The rims and new tires look great but the old ugly factor rotors are visible. With 80K miles its time for new brake and rotors anyways. I'd like to upgrade to some better looking rotors. The cross drilled rotors came to mind. So my question is: What do recommend I get for new rotors and pads? Who has the best price and what would I expect to pay? Is there a website for rotors you recommend? Do any of you use cross drilled rotors? Do the little holes tend to rust and look ugly after a short period? Is more brake dust generated?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look at Power Slot rotors and Hawke pads.

Good luck ....

I just bought r1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors, haven't got them yet though. They are a member of this board, you can pm him

I've heard bad things about power slot rotors, but the hawk pads are awesome.

I've heard bad things about power slot rotors, but the hawk pads are awesome.

What bad things have "you heard" about Power Slot rotors?

I have had nothing but great results with mine.

idk wut brand specifically to look for but if u look for slotted rotors that are ceramic, there will be no rust and u should be able to stop quite fast.. heat also is dissipated better thru ceramic rotors.. not cheap though... if u really want them, its a big investment.. check out ebay cuz those prices r usually best... make sure ur not buying total crap though

Back