Installing F900BT right now & have a quick question... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing F900BT right now & have a quick question...

shaker1

Reaction score
City, State
Algonquin, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT 4X4 4.0
Is the purple/orange (VSS) wire the one under the hood at the pass side and on the middle plug of the three? (2006 EX V6)

I see a purple/orange at the bottom right corner of the middle plug. It appears to be pin # 1. Does this make sense?

How are you folks getting the wire into the cabin?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my 03 x i taped in to the vss on the radio harness but yours may be different

Thanks, I did not find the wire at the harness for speed sensitive volume (gray/black), so not an option unfortunately.

Where are you guys putting your GPS antenna?

i ran mine to the middle of the dash (where the black defroster vent) 2 sided tape works wonders

Thanks.

I have it stuck up under that little storage tray on top of the dash using the supplied metal pad. It is upside down and under the dash. It is not working too well. I will move it and see if the sticky metal pad (being right above it) is blocking the signal.

No one knows if the VSS wire is indeed the purple/orange one on the middle connector (under the hood), passenger side firewall area, bottom left pin (as viewed facing the firewall)?

Back