Installing keyless pad on my '04 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing keyless pad on my '04 Explorer?

rockey95

Reaction score
City, State
Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
I am wanting to install the keyless entry pad on my drivers side door as it did not come with one from the factory. I can get it done at my local Ford dealership for around $130.00 but was wondering if anyone knew where i could possibly purchase one of these "keyless pads" for a reasonable price, i have looked on ebay and found a few for around $79.99 but was trying to find some for a little less than that.
thanks
Rockey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe check out the junk yards if you dont mind getting a used one.

130$ isnt bad considering the amount of wiring that needs to be done.

I really didnt think $130.00 was too bad either but from what i've been told at the Ford dealership there is no wiring involved. The keyless pad has double sided tape and it basically sticks to your driver side door and i would "assume" it sends some type of signal to your car once you enter the correct codes and then unlocks.

i seen them at pep boys for 50 bucks or you could try newfordparts.com they sell the same one the dealer would stick on

Thanks for the info on the www.newfordparts.com they seem to carry it for $50.63, my only concern is that what my dealership said that it simply sticks on with double-sided tape and the one on newfordparts.com has a wire coming out the back that has to be "installed".
thanks

The one the dealer will install will be like a keyless fob on your key chain. They program it into you keyless modle as another remote. Now I'm not sure about the third gens but on my '99 the factory key fobs did not work when the engine was running. So if you locked your keys in your Ex while it was running, you would be SOL anyway.

Back