installing oem siriusxm in interceptor 16+ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

installing oem siriusxm in interceptor 16+

mrdot

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 & 16 EXP Int. 3.5T
i got siriusxm working in a 16+ interceptor, it can be done. i'll assume it is the same though 2019. The entire fcimb (HVAC/Radio bezel) will need to be swapped. Make sure to get one very close to the made date of your current fcimb. The SW and CAL should match. I would not have been able to do this outwith CompulsiveCode - AsBuilt Explorer and a f off jmr.

parts list:

• 16+ acm /w sat. - any sat 16+ acm will work if you understand the bits needed for with or without sync and 4.2" screen. i took one from a limited 2017 and compared a few vins to find out what is needed for base model acm's to work correctly in interceptor.
  • sat cable from lower a-pillar, behind glove box to the back of the radio, this cable is about 3 feet long.
  • fcimb /w 4.2" screen and w/ sat. If you don't have rear a/c you will need to disassemble the entire back and insert the without aux a/c lower bezel cover plate.

programming (confirmed on 2016 /w sync):

ACM 727-01-01 5800 2800 80

APIM preprogrammed option: enable sat radio/hd radio

FDCIM 7A5-01-01 2229 0408 00 (2269 0408 00 /w reverse sensors)

ACM programming 16-17 (work in progress) programming:

2016 /w SAT 4.2" screen

727-01-01 5800 2800 80

16-17 ACM /w sat 4.2" screen

2016: 727-03-01 14
2017: 727-03-01 2A

ACM 4.2" screen

727-04-01 0001 0255 53

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I feel you have a lot of information there, but it needs clarification. You put numbers up, assuming part numbers.

Seems like cliff notes.

We could use the unabridged version. With photos are good, please.

i could careless what you do with the info. the post assumes one already knows how to use forscan, isolate bits and/or modify bits/hex calculations and has reviewed the 13-15 guide for adding sat radio. if you want me to make a youtube video ill give you my paypal/venmo.

i could careless what you do with the info. the post assumes one already knows how to use forscan, isolate bits and/or modify bits/hex calculations and has reviewed the 13-15 guide for adding sat radio. if you want me to make a youtube video ill give you my paypal/venmo.
did your bluetooth on calls work ok? I tried and everything works but my BT doesn't work for calls just is silent

yes, it works. you most likely need to adjust your new acm. save the settings as-is and then do some of the testing settings under acm above. I was having a lot of isuses until i adjusted the acm using trial and error after comparing about 15 vins.

i believe it adjusts for sync version and year.

Back