installing oem sync system in interceptor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

installing oem sync system in interceptor

I just bought a 2016 fpiu and the window sticker says that it has sync. The phone button on the radio does not work. Neither do the phone controls and the sync command on the steering wheel. I tried the fuse and doing a hard reset no luck. What are the forscan setting for sync as that will be my next go to?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not familiar with using FORScan so hopefully, another member will respond. Do you have the 4" screen?

Peter

10:1 your PIU is just like mine and it does NOT have SYNC.
FORD tells me it isn't in the PD wiring harness. Good luck trying aftermarket.
The after markets that I have tried will not have the HVAC working.
Be careful when you buy over the Internet as some will say "Oh ours works with no problems and it is all plug and play!"
Trust me they are more full of it than the horse they rode in on! Hope this saves you time and money!
Yes the bezel and the steering wheel switches have it on there but we are BOTH out of luck!
If you want to start tweaking your ride start with changing ALL lights inside and outside to LED! Wow what a difference!
The headlights for the high beam on your vehicle may be halogen (yellowish tint). FORD and some mechanics will tell you the entire front end has to be removed to replace the high beams. Ford @ $165/hour tells me it is a 3 hour job! I have big paws (hands) and I managed to get in there and save a ton of money. Of course there is some blood that I donated to the car but it didn't kill me.
The other day I was driving with the new lights (on bright) and but if I still had the halogen I would have not see the deer in time.
I think the LED the Sylvania 9005 I can't upload the video from my dash cam. Too large they said.

Back