• Register Today It's free!

Intake Quickie

esploder224wd

Reaction score
City, State
el paso TEXAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
i have been thinking about my stock intake alot recently. i was wondering if you can just remove all the air box and everything and just move the mas air flow sensor and put a small spacer for vacuum lines in between that and the throttle body. and just put a cone filter or something but thats what ive been thinking and some response would be cool:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha lt. jim i read that, its what made me post that thread. but im wondering if you can all together skip the whole intake running in front of the radiator and just boot it up to the throttle body

not enough room unless you put in an electric fan, ill let you know how it works though, as ill be doing that sometime this month. lol

most likely not.
not enough space, unless you have an electric fan, really isn't enough room.

i have a 93 xlt, pretty much the same thing... i've thought about flipping the intake, so the cone filter is on the driver side, and just extending the MAS sensor wires to that side. more room to work with, and could put it closer to fresher/colder air.

Back